Taxi Prices to West Bay

cricket_7

Does anyone know what the current taxi fair is to West Bay? I have heard that the taxi will wait for you whiile you are there? So I assume it's a round trip fair?

I'm just wanting to compare this to Victor Bodden's prices. If it's around $20 round trip, we may be better off just booking a tour with Victor for $25 pp since there are 5 of us.

Cab rates are high from the cruise port. Figure $40 each way. (depends on the port as Mahagony Bay is further away. Now if you caught a cab on the road, you might get a better offer. This is why many prefer to just book a package with Bananarama or Fosters or other spots which would include something else besides the ride.

If you can do a private tour, I'd go for that. Then plan your day with their help.

Edited by eandj

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, you will pay less if you can get a ride in a full van. But remember then everyone has to agree to the return trip time.

On one of our trips,we skipped taking the same van back and did our own ride back because we wanted more than the 2 hours snorkeling and beaching which the group voted on.

We just returned. We used Victor Bodden. For 5 ppl it is $20 per person.

We went to West Bay beach and snorkeled. We had Big Al. I had him take us to Paradise beach club. It was not busy at all. Last year we went to Bananarama and it was kind of busy. They are next door to each other. $10 per lounger and they were under palapas for shade. Much nicer:)

Good snorkeling and beautiful beach. Saw a lot of fish and even a couple barracuda.