PrePay beverage package

Zevo

I would like to prepay my beverages packages and gratuities. Will my credit card be charged immediately? I'm hoping to keep my shipboard expenses to a minimum.

I just bought my tours and drink package.My credit card was not charged.It will be on my shipboard card.

I would like to prepay my beverages packages and gratuities. Will my credit card be charged immediately? I'm hoping to keep my shipboard expenses to a minimum.

Every $200 of onboard spending counts as a point on your MSC Club card, which will give you a discount on your next cruise.

Every $200 of onboard spending counts as a point on your MSC Club card, which will give you a discount on your next cruise.

Will these point be awarded as well if you pre-paid your spa and drink packages via phone?

Beamafar-

Thank you!

You're welcome. You may need to check your account to ensure the correct amount of points are added. It takes MSC a number of weeks to update your records. They only awarded me 8 points for my recent cruise instead of 15! I rang them this morning and they rectified this.

You can visit their website and register your account under the MSC Club heading. Then you can keep an eye on your points total.

Will these point be awarded as well if you pre-paid your spa and drink packages via phone?

No (although some people have had luck getting them added, myself included, after a lot of emails!)

Club points are awarded for ON BOARD SPEND.

Pre-paying is not on board spend.

IMO pre-booking and paying onboard is the best way, I wouldn't want to have to chase points for pre-paid services again.

You're welcome. You may need to check your account to ensure the correct amount of points are added. It takes MSC a number of weeks to update your records. They only awarded me 8 points for my recent cruise instead of 15! I rang them this morning and they rectified this.

You can visit their website and register your account under the MSC Club heading. Then you can keep an eye on your points total.

Will be watching...:cool:

No (although some people have had luck getting them added, myself included, after a lot of emails!)

IMO pre-booking and paying onboard is the best way, I wouldn't want to have to chase points for pre-paid services again.

Perhaps a bit different for USA sailings. For Poesia and Divina out of Florida, we pre-ordered drink vouchers through MSC's website, but the cost was added to our ON BOARD account, which was charged to our credit card (that we presented immediately before boarding) after we completed the sailing. The points were credited to our Club card. It would be different if you order your vouchers through a TA.

Perhaps a bit different for USA sailings. For Poesia and Divina out of Florida, we pre-ordered drink vouchers through MSC's website, but the cost was added to our ON BOARD account, which was charged to our credit card (that we presented immediately before boarding) after we completed the sailing. The points were credited to our Club card. It would be different if you order your vouchers through a TA.

Thank you Neptuno and Et Al., very helpful information.

Yes. I think we agree, but the OP asked about pre-paying. Afaik you can't pre-pay gratuities, but you can pre-pay for drinks vouchers or packages. That way you won't get the club points, that's what happened to me.

Edited by papcx

You're right there - I'd misread it as pre-ordered and posted accordingly.:o

Yes. I think we agree, but the OP asked about pre-paying. Afaik you can't pre-pay gratuities, but you can pre-pay for drinks vouchers or packages. That way you won't get the club points, that's what happened to me.

I've prepaid the gratuities on my upcoming cruise which I'd have preferred not to do as I'll lose out on qualifying onboard spend. But the trip I'm doing includes some land-based time and the TA has booked us with MSC as part of a group travelling so we have to prepay. I also can't pre-book my drinks package for the same reason and have no choice but to order onboard and pay the 15% service charge. I rang MSC directly today and they couldn't preorder the package through their system, either.

I pre-paid my gratuities. I ordered my wine vouchers and some excursions...but I guess the charges won't show until I'm onboard? I was going to try and purchase some onboard credit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dear MSC Cruises USA,

I'm cruising with my DW and DS5 in my cabin and my Best Friend has his own cabin but we all booked together. Me and my family are not interested in any drink package but my best friend might be. Is there any way my best friend would be able to purchase a package without us being forced to?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Dear MSC Cruises USA,

I'm cruising with my DW and DS5 in my cabin and my Best Friend has his own cabin but we all booked together. Me and my family are not interested in any drink package but my best friend might be. Is there any way my best friend would be able to purchase a package without us being forced to?

Hi

I don't think so, booked family holiday with three cabins and all persons had to have drinks package. Look at the Vouchers, might be the best bet.

Dear MSC Cruises USA,

Hi,

There are several packages available that don't require that everyone in the booking purchase. We'd recommend the Allegrissimo Escape or one of the wine packages.

Hope this helps!

Hi,

There are several packages available that don't require that everyone in the booking purchase. We'd recommend the Allegrissimo Escape or one of the wine packages. Hope this helps!

MSC-USA please repair your website, it will not allow us to book just one Allegrissmo Escape voucher package, 15 drinks for $72us.

I bought my drink packages over the phone and my credit card was already charged

I bought my drink packages over the phone and my credit card was already charged

I booked the allesgrissmo premimum package through my TA.... she had to call MSC up directly and book the package with them... no gratituty was added it was all included in the one price....and yes my credit card was billed immediately upon booking...

MSC-USA please repair your website, it will not allow us to book just one Allegrissmo Escape voucher package, 15 drinks for $72us.

Hi neptuno,

We apologize for the inconvenience. We've alerted the web team. In the meantime, please call us directly at 866-545-8088 and we will be able to assist you.

Best,

Hi neptuno,

We apologize for the inconvenience. We've alerted the web team. In the meantime, please call us directly at 866-545-8088 and we will be able to assist you.

Best,

I booked the voucher books twice today for a back to back cruise around 12 noon, and had no problem!

Go to the Main MSC page,

in the top right hand corner you'll see 'on board services, then a window will drop down and click on 'book your Allegrissimo packages',

that takes you to a page that started with 'add a little personal,,,,', in the second paragraph it says 'click here',

that takes you to a page where you put in your info, click enter at the bottom,

and you go to the page to order drinks, excursions, etc.!

Make sure you put in an accurate email address, MSC will email you an email receipt that you print out and bring on the ship with you!

Good Luck!

Edited by Russian Bear

Hi neptuno,

Best,

You can only book one package of vouchers if you have one person in your cabin, otherwise you must book even numbers!

I tried to book 3, and MSC said even numbers for the number of people in your cabin!