Booking seats

Are Thomsons still operating the 90 day before return flight booking system? It seems very unfair (if they are ... sorry, should have researched first but interested in opinions) that people on one week holidays get first choice over two weekers. We have holiday'd with Thomson quite a lot over the past few years and always got our seats at check-in so when did the 90 day rule come in? :confused:

I cant be absolutely sure....thoms have made so many changes recently?? I have lost the plot a bit:o

but afaik they are still opperating the select your seat 90 days before return flight for those that have paid to select their seats...yes I agree its unfair on those who have booked two weeks....the one weekers get first dibs:(

you can change your selected seat anytime untill after you have checked in online, after that your seats are confirmed

those who have paid to select their seats can do online checkin 2 weeks before departure (and the return flight at the same time) if you havnt selected your seats then you cannnot do online checkin untill one week before departure

hope this makes sense

When you say "for those that have paid to select their seats" is that anyone who has chosen to pay for extra leg room or premium seats? I booked premium seats for our flight next month and didn't know anything about this 90 day business. Anyway by the time I received an email telling me that I could choose seats all the window seats had gone leaving about a dozen in the centre ... very unhappy :mad: ... Thomson sorted it out for me (they must have realised there was a problem with the system to rearrange seats so easily)and I now have good seats but I don't want the same to happen again.

Are Thomsons still operating the 90 day before return flight booking system? It seems very unfair (if they are ... sorry, should have researched first but interested in opinions) that people on one week holidays get first choice over two weekers. We have holiday'd with Thomson quite a lot over the past few years and always got our seats at check-in so when did the 90 day rule come in? :confused:

It's a good point and I would feel the same as you...we are sailing soon, however we can go for one week only (lots of reasons)....we would very much love to go for two weeks ... it's better value for a start as compared to one week....but that's something we just have to accept when we book! Will be sure to make the best of every minute.

Was unaware of a 90 day rule until after booking (last June)

Edited by barnowl1950

Think it's not pay to select your seats, they call it 'pay to guarantee seats together'..... if you choose to do that then you are allowed to select your seats 90 days before return date. Years ago it was unthinkable that you sat apart from your husband/wife/partner/family unless you were nearly last at the check-in queue. Wonder who thinks up this sort of rubbish?:(

Edited by barnowl1950

I've been a bit puzzled by the 90 days after they have have introduced online check-in, as it seems as if when this is up and running if you have paid extra you check-in 14 days before your OUTGOING flight, if you haven't paid, 7 days before. This will put 7/14 days on level footing but it does state you are advised to check-in early to get the seats you want.

Geo, I think you must be on the first flights doing online check-in........best of luck. ;):)

Yes, I'm more confused now :confused: The email sent by Thomson telling me that I could choose seats (Premium) arrived 66 days before travel. Where does that fit in :eek: Perhaps that's why they were happy to change our seats as there were only 12 available seats left!!

if you have upgraded to premium then you get to select your seats for free (included) you still have to log on to the seat plan from 90 days before your return flight to reserve the seats you want or wait until checkin and choose from whichever seats that have been left (unreserved)

I dont know about extra legroom seats? I dont know if you need to pay to select them or if they are included in the fee...... there arent that many that they could allocate you? so i guess probably no point in paying to select them and if you are going for 2 weeks you probably will have very little/if any choice of seats left by the time you get the chance to log on to the seat plan

its all v complicted ....I agree with you barnowl....it was all so much easier the old way

Here's one for you - we have booked a Lakes & Mountains holiday in June, cruise in July, because we booked at Thomson shop, and not online, we cannot manage our booking at all. Despite paying extra to choose our seats the Thomson shop have to do it for us - so much for choosing your own seats.

Apparently no problem with cruise holiday - can do that ourselves online.

Here's one for you - we have booked a Lakes & Mountains holiday in June, cruise in July, because we booked at Thomson shop, and not online, we cannot manage our booking at all. Despite paying extra to choose our seats the Thomson shop have to do it for us - so much for choosing your own seats.

honestly its completely ridiculous!.....same with reserving a cabin...ta has to do it for you....why on earth cant passengers have the ability to book their own options if they wish

when i asked the thoms reps in my local shop they said it was because it was more convenient for them to arrange these things for us...like we are incapable of booking an aircraft seat/cabin from the comfort of our own ipads! instead we have to make the trip into town to the shop or phone them which they then have to follow up by calling us back thus wasting an hour of my time (and thats only if they get it right the first time? Which they hardly ever do!):(

Booked the Island Escape for June with Thomson's online last night… Found that the API login worked straight away, but after trying all combinations of reference numbers, gave up on trying to sign in to the manage my booking link… On phoning to book a cabin number today (yeah I know, made of money, plus the 20 min at 10p per min on hold listening to “Islands in the stream”) asked the nice lady how to access “manage my booking” & she said to go to the main cruise page, ignore the manage my booking link at the top of the page, scroll right down to the “My Thomson” link at the bottom of the page & use the unique reference number at the bottom left hand corner of the ATOL certificate & not the one on the receipt… Blow me down, that one worked. I can now book excursions & everything. :eek: :)

But as Geo said why so complex... Plus the nice lady also went to great pains over a couple of minutes to point out the confirmation e-mail receipt for the room would not show the room number on it so we would have to remember what we had booked... Of course it showed the room number so another 20p of phone time used. Curse your penny pinching Thomson's :mad: :mad:

Looking forward to the cruise like a kid though. :D

Where can I get a copy of Islands in the Stream??

Where can I get a copy of Islands in the Stream??

I once had a copy of islands in the stream stevio (on 8 track)...but I accidentaly set fire to it and then ran over it several times with a tank! before accidentally boiling it in a vat of acid for 2 weeks....it still plays....so I gave it to the nice lady in the thomsons shop as a treat for making all those phone calls for me (wicked grin);):D