How does the PG compare from 2002

lborne

Hi,

We have not been on the PG since 2002 and were wondering how things have changed since then, especially since Regent is not the owner anymore. Would we enjoy it as much as a Regent cruise?

Thanks

Hi,

We have not been on the PG since 2002 and were wondering how things have changed since then, especially since Regent is not the owner anymore. Would we enjoy it as much as a Regent cruise?

Thanks

My first pg cruise was in 2003. I then followed it up with three more. In November 2009 I went to say goodbye. I remember tears rolling down my cheeks when they sang the PG song. I was not the only one crying openly.

2010 Motu islander went on the pg. He came back with a wonderful report. The rest is history. This year will be my third time under the new owner.

Staff are mostly original regent pg staff so you won't miss the service. If you looked at the cruisecritic line up you will see that the PG performed very well close to Crystal and Azamara and in front of regent, silversea and Oceania in a number of categories.

The only thing I feel is not as good as regent is the food. Service is comparable or better. Lectures still excellent and entertainment unique. The pg also serves less of the higher end liquors when you compare to Crystal and Regent.

Nothing can beat the location though.

Emdee,

I found the food this year MUCH IMPROVED from last year!

They even served lobster more than once, and all the fish was perfectly prepared.

Last year most of the fish was overcooked, and lobster was never served.

I don't like red meat, but others commented that even the beef was delicious.

Hi Jo,

That's what my friends who went on your cruise said too. So glad about that. Really looking forward to the repeaters cruise.

However the two speciality restaurants are excellent on Regent. Quality of product is also higher. Foie Gras, truffles, caviar etc used as part of the menu. Higher end cuts etc.

There is no question that I would choose the PG over Regent or Crystal in FP.

Miriam

I'll try to answer your question rather than ramble on. Our first cruise on the PG was under Regent, the next three under the new owners. I feel the PG is less stuffy today and the recent refurbishments have made it a even more enjoyable experience.:)

Well, since Emdee quoted me...

I agree. You will find the PG to be almost exactly what you experienced in 2002. If you refer to my SIG, you will see that we discovered the PG under Radisson, then renamed to Regent. We all worried a little when we sailed in the 2010 time frame, but our concerns were unfounded. The current experience is at least as good as it was then. You will probably recognize some of the crew, except that a former waiter, might be the Matre'd and your favorite bartender just might be the head bartender now. I can think of at least 10 crew members that have been on since we first began sailing on the PG!

Well, since Emdee quoted me...

I agree. You will find the PG to be almost exactly what you experienced in 2002. If you refer to my SIG, you will see that we discovered the PG under Radisson, then renamed to Regent. We all worried a little when we sailed in the 2010 time frame, but our concerns were unfounded. The current experience is at least as good as it was then. You will probably recognize some of the crew, except that a former waiter, might be the Matre'd and your favorite bartender just might be the head bartender now. I can think of at least 10 crew members that have been on since we first began sailing on the PG!

Why we love it so much?

The staff have become our PG family. When you check in they say 'welcome home'