Cost of living on a cruise ship?

NOSaints1

I would think the Jade would be the ship to chose for such a stay. Our of all the NCL ships is it not the one with the most varied routing?

Doing the same 7 day cruise every week is more common on the other ships.

Other than repositioning through the Panama canal to get up-to Vancouver and Seattle for the Alaska season or the odd Atlantic crossing this is not much variability with NCL.

I think you could come up with a fairly varied set of itineraries if you could shift between ships and fly(no fly would be a bit harder)

you could look at say Azamara they have a much more varied

As for shorex, remember this is a replacement for assisted living where your shorex would be trip to the local mall, something that would be no more expensive from a ship, visit the same set of ports regularly and you become a regular at the local establishments just like at home.

Anyway here is a sample NCL ship hop itinerary for 6months+ in the med

Fly option to BCN.

Spirit Barcelona to Venice.

March 19 - May 30 canaries and Western med

OR No fly Epic TA Miami(April 27) to BCN swaping to the spirit May 18.

Swap to Jade May 31st(NCL may let you stay on the spirit overnight)

do the Adriatic/Greece for a few weeks

Aug 9/10 swap back to the Spirit 12n back to Barcelona to swap to the Epic

Aug 22/24 for some runs round the western med and an Oct TA back to Miami.

Another option is prepared to move is to do the Star in northern Europe during the heat of the summer and use the Jade/Spirit Spring/Autumn/winter

I lost my mom 11 years ago today and this post made me laugh, exactly what I needed, I used to joke with her and say I would never put her in a nursing home, I would put her on a year round cruise where she could play all the bingo she wanted. I never dreamed people actually did this, lol. :p

Each ship I could do a B2B then go to another ship. Switch lines and continue and repeat. The same ship all the time? If I worked on it yes, but to reside? The same entertainment and the cruise directors same jokes for weeks on end. Yeah, it would get old after a couple weeks.

Money wise? It does seem possible. The inside staterooms would probably not work out in the long run.

Now... Imagine if you will. You win a gross Powerball jack pot. You spend a year of your life staying in the Haven's Villa Garden Suites on all the differnt ships. Now that is something I would like to do.