A Great Getaway Review 3/1/14-3/8/14

nilema12397

Day 7 - Nassau

Today we slept in, but made it to the final jack-pot bingo where again we didn’t win, but two people split the pot of over $1700. We went to the buffet for lunch which was packed with people trying to get a lunch in before getting off the ship. This is one of the only times I felt it being crowded on the ship. The weather wasn’t very good today so instead of sitting by the pool we got off the ship for a little shopping. After that I read on our balcony while everyone else napped. At 4 when the gelato shop opened on the waterfront I brought my book down there and enjoyed a caramel gelato while reading on the waterfront. It was really relaxing, make sure you make time to use the waterfront when you’re on the ship. We went to the final Deal or No Deal session where we were only one number off from being picked, so close…

We had dinner in the buffet, they had the crepe station going so I had a cherry one. After dinner we went to the What’s My Line? game show which turned out to be really funny, they had three cruise staff trying to figure out what people did as a living. They got to ask yes, no, or maybe questions after the contestant acting out their profession for 45 seconds. We also stuck around for the perfect couple game show, which was entertaining. Then it was off to pack :(

Embarkation

After breakfast in the buffet, we did the self-walk off around 7:30 and were through customs and in a cab in less than 10 minutes.

Overall:

This was a great trip for us. We don’t always get to travel as a whole family and we had so much fun finding things that we could all enjoy together. It was a perfect way to spend my 30th birthday. The staff was great, we never walked by a member who didn’t say hello. Again if anyone has any questions feel free to ask.