Trundle bed question on Carnival Dream

Sadie cruiser

I am booking last minute with Carnival Dream and want to book an inside or ocean view cabin for 3 because of the significant savings. It would be a "guarantee" cabin and they make the choice for you. What are the chances of having a trundle bed in an inside or ocean view room? Is there not a choice of a pullman even? Anyone have pics of these trundles? I would think trundles are only used for cabins that have 5 people in them. Thanks.

We are getting ready to sail on the Dream and I did a lot of cabin research. I think any inside room for 3 will have one upper pullman. The ocean view it seems some have the sofa sleeper and some the upper.

We just changed from interior to balcony on our upcoming Dream cruise in order to have a sofa rather than 2 uppers, but we have 4 in the room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No trundles allowed on the Dream or any ship built after 2000. Victory is the youngest ship that still uses them. If you book an interior guarantee, you will almost certainly have an upper bunk for the 3rd person, and it will be partially or fully over one of the twin beds. Keeping the twins separate will open up some floor space in the middle. Otherwise, the room is quite cramped. The only "interiors" that will put the 3rd in a sofabed are 2 porthole rooms, but those are always booked directly.

An oceanview or balcony will put the 3rd person in a sofabed, completely separated from the 2 twins/king. So booking an oceanview guarantee would be better for that reason. Plus, the room is about 150% the size of an interior in actuality. The nice thing about the Dream's OVs are that none of them are underneath the noisy galley. All OVs on the Dream are good rooms. However, a couple of the interiors that sleep more than 2 are under the galley or over noisy parts of deck 5.

Edited by k2excursion