Carnival Glory GoPro Video

JKCamara

Hi everyone-

My husband just finished our vacation video from our short platinum cruise on the Carnival Glory back in November. I thought that some of you might enjoy it. All footage was shot with a GoPro 3 black addition and he tries to make one of these for each of our cruises. It is a great way to capture the memories.

Oh and in case you are wondering...we had cabin number 6483 which was an aft wrap balcony.

Enjoy!

Hi everyone-

My husband just finished our vacation video from our short platinum cruise on the Carnival Glory back in November. I thought that some of you might enjoy it. All footage was shot with a GoPro 3 black addition and he tries to make one of these for each of our cruises. It is a great way to capture the memories.

Oh and in case you are wondering...we had cabin number 6483 which was an aft wrap balcony.

Enjoy!

Very nice... I was thinking about getting a GoPro for our up coming 23 day Australia cruise. Seeing something like this makes me want to get it even more.

Very nice... I was thinking about getting a GoPro for our up coming 23 day Australia cruise. Seeing something like this makes me want to get it even more.

It is completely worth it! I cannot imagine going on any vacation without it now.

Awesome video! I have rented a GoPro for our upcoming Breeze cruise. Any advice?

YES start practicing now!! Took me a few weeks and several videos to find the best areas to shoot and different options as far as frames per second, ect. The editing is where it gets real interesting!! LOL:cool:

What was your cabin number? Looks like a wrap around balcony. Looked really nice. My wife and I took our first cruise on the Glory. Very nice ship.

VC

It was cabin 6483 and yes it was a wrap around balcony. It was completely AMAZING! Funny thing about it was that we got a call from the upsell fairy the day before we sailed and she offered it to us for a $150 total! Even though it was only a two night cruise we could not pass up that offer. Had to do it at least once. :)

for the answer. I saw a piece on 60-minutes about the guy who created it. I did not know what they were called. Him and others who started the company are really rich now. But they are still down to earth and are creating more versions of it. It was an amazing piece with people jumping off of mountains, riding mountain bikes, snow-boarding etc. I can't wait to get home and watch your video.

Edited by Handsome58

Awesome video! We just purchased the Silver edition to take on our upcoming cruise. Looking to document our vacation in a video similar to yours! Thanks for all the ideas.

I do have one question. What kind of mount did he use for all those shots of you guys walking, together, etc? It looks like an extended handle, but not sure how long it is? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Awesome video! We just purchased the Silver edition to take on our upcoming cruise. Looking to document our vacation in a video similar to yours! Thanks for all the ideas.

I do have one question. What kind of mount did he use for all those shots of you guys walking, together, etc? It looks like an extended handle, but not sure how long it is? Any help is greatly appreciated!

You are going to Love having the camera! He has a few different mounts...the extended one he uses the most. It is called a QuikPod and I bought it online. There are other similar monopods out there that you can get on Amazon that are a little cheaper. He does use it in the ocean, but I would suggest making sure to rinse the sea water off of it.

If you are planning on using it in the water...I would suggest the floatly back door. This will ensure that if you drop it, it does not sink.

There is more cruise videos on his Vimeo page that you can check out for other ideas. He gets a lot of his shot ideas by just looking at others online. The more vacations we go on the more he comes up with.

Have a great time!

Great video!!! Love my GoPro Silver. Lots of fun to play with. Quick question for you, did you leave your waterproof back on or did you ever swap it out with the skeleton? Also, have you tried any floaty's? I'd also be interested to hear what type of pole you used for the selfy shots.

Thanks!

You are going to Love having the camera! He has a few different mounts...the extended one he uses the most. It is called a QuikPod and I bought it online. There are other similar monopods out there that you can get on Amazon that are a little cheaper. He does use it in the ocean, but I would suggest making sure to rinse the sea water off of it.

If you are planning on using it in the water...I would suggest the floatly back door. This will ensure that if you drop it, it does not sink.

There is more cruise videos on his Vimeo page that you can check out for other ideas. He gets a lot of his shot ideas by just looking at others online. The more vacations we go on the more he comes up with.

Have a great time!

You are the best! Thanks for the great information. Ill be sure to share my "un-professional" 1st video when we get back!

Have a great time!

Do you know what settings he used for his shots and how long he was able to record for? I have a 64gb card, I am trying to see if that will last a week or if I should get another 64gb card. Also, how do I find his Vimeo page?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Do you know what settings he used for his shots and how long he was able to record for? I have a 64gb card, I am trying to see if that will last a week or if I should get another 64gb card. Also, how do I find his Vimeo page?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I believe he shoots in 1080p. We usually bring our laptop so he can dump video when the card gets full. Plus it is fun to watch some of the clips while we are on vacation.

I do suggest getting a spare battery...It is nice to be able to just switch it out instead of running back to the room to charge it every time.

You can find all of his videos at - http://vimeo.com/user19057182