Transatlantic

Bouchelle

I assume you are sailing eastbound. What port do you end in? If it's a Mediterranean port, the sailing should be quite comfortable. If it's a Baltic or UK destination, you'll be taking a more northern route and it will be cooler. Last yr we sailed FLL to Athens and it was deck and pool weather the entire sailing.

I assume you are sailing eastbound. What port do you end in? If it's a Mediterranean port, the sailing should be quite comfortable. If it's a Baltic or UK destination, you'll be taking a more northern route and it will be cooler. Last yr we sailed FLL to Athens and it was deck and pool weather the entire sailing.

We are going to Barcelona, I do hope the days at sea are not too cold...this is my first transatlantic cruise

We are going to Barcelona, I do hope the days at sea are not too cold...this is my first transatlantic cruise

I will try to be more precise than my first response. I have been on 4 transatlantics. The first one I packed for Texas or Florida in May and that was wrong. I did have long pants and bought a nice fairly light jacket on the boat which I still use in spring and fall at home. In the ports, both before the crossing and in the Azores or Spain shorts and warm weather clothing will probably be useful. When you pull out of any port and when on the open ocean, to go out on the open decks will most often be very cool. You will experience the difference pulling out of any port as you enter open water.

Again, as I said, I was not prepared but have no regrets buying that jacket on the ship. It's just that I needed a few more cool weather clothes and fewer warm weather ones. It is not so cold as to require layering as in Alaska or in winter. But very cool, like long pants and a sweater or jacket. I have been on both north and south crossings and it is not that much difference.

I agree, it could be cool on deck, mainly because of the speed of the ship. Most likely mild to warm in ports.

I'm not sure if you were asking only re weather, but I'd like to add that transatlantics tend to be dressier in the evenings than the shorter local cruises.

I agree, it could be cool on deck, mainly because of the speed of the ship. Most likely mild to warm in ports.

I'm not sure if you were asking only re weather, but I'd like to add that transatlantics tend to be dressier in the evenings than the shorter local cruises.

Thank you, I was not aware of the dressier evenings, I appreciate that tip.