Cruise Tour

Snook

We are on the HAL D6L Double Denali in May. We know we travel to Denali on the train the first day, then we have a middle day and return to Seward the last day. On that middle day I think we are on the Tundra Wilderness tour (as part of our package) yet I see several excursions available to us on that day in Denali. Does that mean that we finish the Tundra tour in time to book other excursions?

We are on the HAL D6L Double Denali in May. We know we travel to Denali on the train the first day, then we have a middle day and return to Seward the last day. On that middle day I think we are on the Tundra Wilderness tour (as part of our package) yet I see several excursions available to us on that day in Denali. Does that mean that we finish the Tundra tour in time to book other excursions?

Yes, if you are looking at the excursions available to your specific tour you will have time to add thing like rafting,etc. The days are long and HAL offers those excursions that fit into your time in Denali. Be sure to take some time to see the visitor's center. If you take the train from Denali you can spend some time there before boarding. There is a place where you can store your carry ons.

Our Tunda Wilderness tour started early (around 8:30 IIRC) and was cut short by snow (mid-Sept) and we still didn't get back until around 2:00 pm. I guess if you go in mid-summer with the long twilight you could do something else after that, but I think most of the excursions listed are mainly for people not doing the T-W tour for one reason or another.

edit: I went and looked it up. For our group the T-W tours started at 6:00 am and 8:00 am and were listed as five hours. So if you're assigned to early one you have the afternoon and evening to do something additional.

Edited by jtl513