QM2 27/8/05 A day in NY

rula40

:) I have only recently found “Cruise Critic” and cannot praise it enough. This has got to be the best information site on the web

I registered soon after I had booked my place on QM2 27/8/05 Southampton /New York back to back and already I am hooked.

Initially I wanted to ask a number of questions for example what to wear? What to expect weather wise ? And general information that is not provided in the brochure or by the Travel Agent.

My first question was answered almost immediately by “GUERNSEYGUY” and again soon after by “CIAOBELLA” Thank you both very much. I soon found that by trawling through the previous threads (Excuse the pun) almost all my questions and more were answered by the very informative and constructive comments and experiences given by other members.

Although I am not a cruise virgin (2xRoyal Caribbean a couple of years ago),I found lots information which was not in the brochure and will definitely take advantage of a number of suggestions and recommendations from some of the more seasoned and experienced cruisers.

I have never been to NY and I am looking forward to seeing as much as my wife will allow in between shopping, does anyone know what excursions are available or the best way to make the most of the day ?.

I am due to take early retirement in just ynder 2 years time and we have promised ourselves a world cruise, Any suggestions?

In the meantime I will definitely be recommending this site to all my friends

I look forward to reading more in the coming weeks and will continue to enjoy this site long after my trip.

Thanks again

Phil

we have promised ourselves a world cruise, Any suggestions?

Phil,

I haven't done a world cruise yet - but in two years time you may have the choice of either the QE2 or QM2, as rumour has it that QE2 is doing her normal full cruise, while QM2 is doing a shorter version in 80 days.....spoiled for choice, I'd say!

Peter

A world cruise sounds wonderful. Unfortunately I think it will be some time before we get the chance to do one as we are only in our mid 40's!! If I were going in the next couple of years I personally would book Aurora but that is because it's the only ship I am so familiar with. We are off on QM2 for the first time in Sept for what I suppose could be called a back to back, doing west transatlantic, splendours of the fall and then east transatlantic. We are planning on spending one of our visits to New York shopping and one sightseeing. My son has not been to New York, but myself, my husband and my daughter who will be 22 whilst we are onboard have been before (daughter was just 10 months old last time I went and she went last year with her father for her 21st. I don't fly so I didn't go with them)!!

Would be nice to think that in years to come QM2 will be doing world cruises too. But for now I will just have to dream about that and look forward to the day hubby retires!!!!!

Elaine

Archived