Lost first day of holiday

tuppence

I wonder if anybody was on the Birmingham Flight to Barbados which should have left at 12.30am but finally took off at 8.00pm on Friday 28th February?

When we arrived at the airport at 9am we were told that our flight would be delayed, when asked how long they said they weren't sure as it hadn't left Mexico yet!! We finally boarded a very old plane with no on board entertainment so it was a very long 9 hour, boring flight after a full 11 hours at the airport. We were given the princely sum of £25 OBC but in fact we lost a full day of our holiday as we were far to tired to enjoy a day out in Barbados!

Has anyone ever tried to claim any compensation for such a delay? One thing to be grateful for was that the photographers by 2.30am, had gone to bed so no posing for photos before going on board;)

I wonder if anybody was on the Birmingham Flight to Barbados which should have left at 12.30am but finally took off at 8.00pm on Friday 28th February?

12.30 pm?

Your insurance might have a delay clause. I doubt that P&O would give you compensation for the first day in Barbados, bearing in mind that you did actually spend the day there. It's only the time in the airport that might be compensated for.

Edited by dsrdsrdsr