March 1st Brilliance Review with pictures

kind of. they aren't tiny tiny but I think they are smaller than what you would get at most restaurants in the US. BUT, you get an appetizer and dessert with every meal. i don't think you'll be hungry with most of the meals though. some are definitely more filling than others. the garlic tiger shrimp was delicious BUT not a filling meal. it was like 4 tiger shrimp, some rice, and veggies. it was really really good but that isn't a filling meal...for me at least. but again, i ordered 2 entrees so i was fine :D i personally LOVE food but more importantly just love trying things so that is the main reason why I order multiples at every meal. i appreciate that the meals are smaller because i don't like wasting food but really want to try everything. most of my meals were shared by other people as well because again, we don't like to waste food.

Missync,

thank you. question how do you get your photos to show up on the CC. do you put them into photo bucket and then bring them over?

The Brilliance is our favorite ship by far. Sailed on her 4 times and hope to do it again someday. Don't know if Rusti is still bartending at the Champagne bar but if he is, please tell him the "Turtle Folks" send their regards.

:DAubie

The Brilliance is our favorite ship by far. Sailed on her 4 times and hope to do it again someday. Don't know if Rusti is still bartending at the Champagne bar but if he is, please tell him the "Turtle Folks" send their regards.

:DAubie

The Brilliance is also my favorite ship: cruised on her 21 times!!! :)

No, unfortunately, Rusti is not longer on Brilliance!!! He's on Mariner, but at this time took an extended vacation time!!!

Love the Brilliance, Rusti and the Champagne bar, which has changed to something else!!!

My "seat" at the bar, was the first chair to the right, and every night my favorite drink was waiting for me....

Miss those days...:(ImageUploadedByForums1396625179.472530.jpg.3f609a946a4b94a0816ff30dbb5d09ca.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1396625272.983523.jpg.7c256f85680a3c2afa2dc2bf822d60e3.jpg

Sent with my iPhone

The Brilliance is also my favorite ship: cruised on her 21 times!!! :)

No, unfortunately, Rusti is not longer on Brilliance!!! He's on Mariner, but at this time took an extended vacation time!!!

Love the Brilliance, Rusti and the Champagne bar, which has changed to something else!!!

My "seat" at the bar, was the first chair to the right, and every night my favorite drink was waiting for me....

Miss those days...:([ATTACH]308413[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]308414[/ATTACH]

Sent with my iPhone

nice. looking forward to sailing home from the UK.

i can't remember exactly what night was what but these are the shows we had...

Donovan and Rebecca - singing, dancing, and unbelievable strength/balancing acts

ABBA tribute show with tribute to the composer John Williams

and one more stage show by the dance/musical troupe

plus the wire acts in the centrum

Missync,

First of all - Thank you.. we are going on Brilliance in October with different ports obviously, but reading your review helps us get ready. Do you remember what show you had last night? I know it will change but just curious...

Thank you again,

i couldn't figure out how people attach them because my computer wouldn't let me so i actually put them in a hidden album on facebook. i then just copy and paste the pictures. i'm sure that photo bucket or something like that would work too. it only lets you do about 6 pictures per message though so that's the main reason why mine review is so split up. that and i don't have time to sit down and do the whole thing at once. hope this helps!

Missync,

thank you. question how do you get your photos to show up on the CC. do you put them into photo bucket and then bring them over?

we got a snack after snorkeling. i can't remember exact prices for each thing we got BUT we spent $52 for 2 margaritas, 2 beers, 2 diet cokes, a bottle of water, beef nachos, and chips and salsa and guacamole.

1977455_662910330936_171345440_n.jpg

the nachos were ok. strips of fajita style beef and 2 different kinds of cheese. i wasn't that impressed but they were decent. i would have liked a little more on them. the guacamole was quite good but sorta bland. the little cup of green is a hot sauce that was DELICIOUS. i added a few drops to the guac and it definitely added to the flavor of the guac without making it too hot. the chips were very good. nice and crispy. they definitely tasted homemade and fresh. but the salsa...OH. MY. GOSH! AMAZING!!! it was really more like pico de gallo but it was so fresh and just freakin amazing. i could have eaten my weight in that. soooo good!

i would go back just for the salsa.

we shopped aroun for awhile. Find Alma - first stall on left when you walk up the ramp to the beach. she will give you really good deals, especially if you pay in cash. Martin (up next to bar) is also a really good guy. those two left us alone while we were laying out so we went and purchased from them. be prepared though, you will get bugged to death by every vendor there.

we caught a taxi back to the port for more shopping. i happened to see this outside and found it very mexican but also funny so i had to take a picture.

1920118_662910425746_1241849769_n.jpg

i think he was for hire but i didn't check.

the shopping in the port is very interesting. lots of random stuff. most of the places have the same stuff for about the same price just fyi.

they will all haggle with you and prefer cash and will actually give a better deal if you pay in cash so keep that in mind.

boarding the ship was quick and easy. they won't let food or drinks through the gate to get to the ship and were throwing stuff away.

i couldn't figure out how people attach them because my computer wouldn't let me so i actually put them in a hidden album on facebook. i then just copy and paste the pictures. i'm sure that photo bucket or something like that would work too. it only lets you do about 6 pictures per message though so that's the main reason why mine review is so split up. that and i don't have time to sit down and do the whole thing at once. hope this helps!

I will have to give it a try. Thank you so much for all your pics and notes. Have a great Easter.

1531869_662910430736_941930074_n.jpg

duck consomme (not mine) - basically just broth but she said it was tasty. i think this was a curiosity order

1970544_662910455686_1353696151_n.jpg

roasted peach soup - delicious! the consistency was similar to runny or thin applesauce but it was very good. really nice peach flavor

1977293_662910485626_1111932764_n.jpg

pumpkin seed roll - MY FAVORITE!!! they bring the bread basket around at least once a meal and had several to choose from but this one was by far the favorite of our table. the outside was crusty but the inside was nice and soft. the seeds on the outside were delicious and added a nice little crunch. didn't taste like pumpkin in case you were wondering...

1493254_662910495606_898506147_n.jpg

roasted poblano pepper and corn soup - very good! a little spicy but not too much so. was nice and smooth not chunky. i really enjoyed it. really good flavor

1969363_662910520556_1943182062_n.jpg

creamed wild mushrooms on puff pastry (not mine) - i hear it was very good but kind of off. the pastry was light and fluffy but the mushroom mixture was just slightly off when combined with the pastry. i didn't try it though...

• 2 weeks later...

To add to your statement - "limited music by the pool. they had a group who sang but the lady was AWFUL. i'm sorry if she reads this but she isn't good. she ruined many songs. I think they should have a DJ out there during the busy times and let them perform other times."

I totally agree, she was not good, at all, and songs were so boring. I dont know why BOS was more geared to "lounge" type entertainment but i am almost 50 but enjoy more upbeat stuff, like caribbean music. I have heard since we went on this cruise in february that the Tampa ships can tend to be filled with more seniors which is no problem for me (prefer over rowdy college kids) but it appears the ship catered to that age. Even the disco had nothing much going on. I was most disappointed in the entertainment venues on this ship. LOVED the ship itself, my favorite class so far (dont have many under my belt yet though) but will look for one of the sister ships next time to try.

Thanks for the review...still,havent done mine but you have inspired me too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm glad it wasn't just me with the music. i would have LOVED some carribean music with steel drums and all that or even current top 40 from a DJ or something along those lines but the slow jams just didn't do it for me.

10154484_662910555486_223655401_n.jpg

fisherman's plate - lobster tail, garlic shrimp, veggies - VERY GOOD. i'm not a lobster person...meaning i wouldn't order it in a restaurant but i thought it was very well done. the veggies were also cooked perfectly. my only complaint was that you didn't have butter to dip in. the head waiter comes around with a large crock of melted butter and they pour it on your food and then walk away. i'd prefer to dip on my own.

1891186_662910575446_23830560_n.jpg

cheese tortellini - good - the sauce had a slightly sweet flavor to it which was sort of odd but i did enjoy it. nothing exciting about this dish though

10151399_662910590416_57369703_n.jpg

grand marnier souffle - EXCELLENT! very light and fluffy and sweet but not too sweet. the sauce was also really good.

1939523_662910615366_860258631_n.jpg

baked alaska - VERY GOOD!! one of my favorites for whatever reason. it's just neopolitan ice cream with meringue on top but it was excellent. the meringue was light and fluffy and sweet and tasted almost like marshmallow.

1013864_662910645306_139475251_n.jpg

10003980_662910635326_1184087261_n.jpg

chocolate senstaion (available every night) - EXCELLENT! VERY chocolately though just FYI. expresso cake with chocolate and almond icing. very sweet but really good!

LAST DAY :( - Sea Day

We lounged around by the pool and ate lunch in the park cafe and windjammer.

I wanted to watch the movie by the pool so i left earlier to get ready for dinner so I could. With the late dinner time, I had to leave the movie early AND missed the second showing...i think this should be arranged better. BUT, it's pretty cool to sit out on the deck in the open air and watch a movie. they had some pretty new movies but this was the only one i actually went to see...and missed the end :mad:

1544983_662910715166_1633485790_n.jpg

any guesses as to which movie it is?

1493203_662910730136_1932205129_n.jpg

Hunger Games: Catching Fire for those of you who didn't know...

Dinner time!

10155522_662910755086_1168750479_n.jpg

scallops with chorizo - VERY good. but TINY! they were very small little scallops but tasted really good. didn't really taste the chorizo specifically but the whole thing had a really good flavor

1238844_662910780036_143027434_n.jpg

french onion soup (not mine) - i am told it was very tasty! the crouton was a little on the soggy side though but she reports the flavor was good overall

1480634_662910785026_1939611434_n.jpg

pineapple and lychee soup - AMAZING!! nice and sweet with some coconut on top. would absolutely order again!

1922017_662910834926_1413788863_n.jpg

spanish tapas -(not mine) - somewhat disappointing. cheese was good but just had an unusual flavor (according to my friend)

1891242_662910854886_1610463016_n.jpg

rigatoni with proscuitto - (not mine but i tasted) - good but tasted slightly "off". i don't know how to describe what i mean by off but it just wasn't what we were expecting. the proscuitto was good though.

1505467_662910874846_949656438_n.jpg

roast turkey with vegetables - good - nothing exciting about it. the vegetables were very well done and the turkey was good but my mom's is WAY better. moist but almost wet if that makes sense. the stuffing (you can't see it in the picture) wasn't very good though. i think they tried to go too fancy

10155393_662910899796_1527095252_n.jpg

fish and chips - shrimp were very crispy. fish was slightly soggy. i prefer crispy. fish had a good flavor though but nothing too exciting on this plate

1458646_662910914766_1111158441_n.jpg

williams pear chocolate crisp - interesting - it was good but very weird. it was NOT what i was expecting. it wasn't crispy so the name threw me off also. i didn't dislike it but it was just very weird. had a spongy texture.

1970517_662910934726_405199948_n.jpg

key lime pie - good - slightly tart (would have liked MORE tartness) and a little sweet. good flavor though if you like key lime pie

1531775_662910959676_574707085_n.jpg

frozen strawberry souffle - AMAZING!!!! - my absolute favorite on the ship. i didn't know what to expect but it was REALLY GOOD! it was almost a fluffy jello/frozen yogurt consistency. light and sweet with a great strawberry flavor. just all around amazing.

1462852_662910969656_484265546_n.jpg

i would absolutely order again! possibly even 2 :D