Text from Carnival-possible fog delay!

karinski

Wondering what to do. The text said do not go to port until we hear from them. I am thinking just proceed as planned and if there is a delay, just hang out in Galveston. What do you think? Are there places close to the port to hang out? We will not have a car.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

yes you can hang out at the strand which is right across the street from the ship and has restaurants and bars and shops so no worries..hopefully fog will clear out tonite, it's still foggy now:cool:

yes you can hang out at the strand which is right across the street from the ship and has restaurants and bars and shops so no worries..hopefully fog will clear out tonite, it's still foggy now:cool:

Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yelp we got one of those on Feb 22, Saturday. We were within 2 hrs of Galveston on Sunday so we just waited to see if the ship was in, which it was not. Rcd another email/text/phone call Sunday am, it was certainly delayed. We headed to the port around 11am, stopped to eat along the way, had a great ferry ride, etc.

If it is late the Galveston webcam is great in keeping you informed of the ships location.

We boarded late, priority. Our family was having drinks and we waved and talked to them via cell as we were standing on front balcony. I believe they boarded around 5pm.

Lots of congestion with two late ships.. Maybe you wont have any fog!

Either way..Enjoy your cruise!!!