Torn between the Pride or the Sunshine?

NOSaints1

Key West was one of the reasons we went. We went on pub crawl and had a great time, then had lunch at Sloppy Joes. Freeport we went to a resort on shore excursion with swim up bar in the grotto, lazy river, I liked it even though I never heard great things about Freeport. We went to Balmoral island in Nassau, drinks high, food not great, but the facilities were nice, would have enjoyed it more if the water had been warmer.

I liked the ship. JiJi was great. I liked the shows Epic Rock and Studio VIP. Comedians were very good. All of the different food choices were nice. Serenity another great place, waterfall pool would have been better if the water had been warmer. Super Bowl on big screen would have been better if Peyton one and it was not so cold.

I really enjoyed this cruise.

Those two ships are difficult to compare. The Sunshine has a LOT more "stuff," than the Pride, but the atmosphere on the Pride is very laid back. Cruising out of Baltimore is a different experience than cruising out of Port Canaveral, too. The first cruise I ever took was on the Pride, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The last cruise I took was the Sunshine Transatlantic, and I thoroughly enjoyed it as well. The Pride does feel less crowded because there is more deck space, plus there are two pools and one of them is covered when necessary. The Sunshine has the amazing waterslides but less space to just sit and relax on deck. The Sunshine has extra restaurants, but they all cost more. The Pride does have the steakhouse, which is very good.

One of the primary differences, however, is the cost. You could almost sail twice on the Pride for the same as you will spend on the Sunshine. Depending on where you live, airfare can also be very inexpensive in and out of Baltimore, and the cost of transport to the ship is far less because the airport is so much closer.

For what it's worth, my wife and I are taking a cruise in June. We were going to cruise on the Sunshine to be with Jaime D (the cruise director), but we ended up booking the Pride, primarily on the basis of price.

On the Sunshine, does the spa deck have access to thermal beds/thalasso pool like on the Magic? I like the itinerary of the Sunshine, but we got hooked on those spa features on Magic and don't want to sail without them. I'm trying to figure out which ships have which perks.

We have sailed on the Pride, but not on the Sunshine.

With that being said, the Pride is dark, and IMO, UGLY!!!

Wouldn't cruise on that ship again.

The Sunshine looks nice and bright, almost like the Breeze:D:D

However, there are still some bad reviews against her, ie; smells, and drips, and A/C not working......

That alone could make or break a vacation........

The Spirit class ships are NICE....and the itinerary was NICE.......just not a fan of the ship itself......

I guess we cruise more for the ship, than we do for the ports....:o:o

On the Sunshine, does the spa deck have access to thermal beds/thalasso pool like on the Magic? I like the itinerary of the Sunshine, but we got hooked on those spa features on Magic and don't want to sail without them. I'm trying to figure out which ships have which perks.

Yes and no.....yes for access, but no thalassotherapy pool on sunshine, just thermal suites.