Courtyard FLL East vs Comfort Inn on Stirling Rd

spcl4cs_gal

Are you SURE you mean "Courtyard FLL East"? Those 2 hotels are in VERY different locations!

This is the Courtyard Fort Lauderdale East... http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/FLLCY

Or do you mean THIS Courtyard, which is very close to the Comfort Inn on Stirling Road... http://marriott.com/property/propertypage.mi?marshaCode=FLLHT

I'm just curious because most people compare hotels that are close, not ones that are about 10 miles apart. :confused:

If you do mean the Fort Lauderdale East Courtyard, it's an older hotel that was converted, not a purpose built Courtyard, but other than that I can't comment on the quality of the rooms as I haven't been inside. The area it's in is fine, not much to walk to, but if you have a rental car, no problem.

The 2nd Courtyard I sent is brand new and very nice. Again, not much to walk to, but if you have a car, no problem.

The Comfort Inn has very mixed reviews, some like it, many don't. There have been a lot of comments about it on here if you want to do a search.

Hi Allyson. Have you thought of trying priceline? I know being Canadian there is a special way to do this which, I believe, is to put in the state as CA and all 9's for the zip code. I have gotten some GREAT hotels at bargain basement prices through priceline.

If you are leary about priceline, just to let you know, I have stayed at the Comfort Inn on Stirling Road, its a good hotel for 1 night, I am not so sure I would want to stay 2 nights after some of the reviews I have read.

You can also check this web site out: http://www.valuetrips.com and get the Amerisuites, which I hear is also very nice.

Hope this helps and good luck. I see your sailing the Zuiderdam again, have a great time. I loved our suite 5187 and that ship.

Thanks for the help. I was going to try Priceline but apparently you need a Mastercard to place a bid and I only have Visa. I might take a look at Cheap Tickets to see if they have anything available. Can't wait to sail on the Z again...just a short while to wait now. :) When will you be sailing again, doone?

TrentS I was referring to the first Courtyard you have listed in your posting.

I have used my American Express with priceline, if you have that card, Allyson, you can use priceline. If not, check out http://www.valuetrips.com for the Amerisuites.

I am sailing Feb. 11th with my entire family and friends for 10-days on the Volendam. So far we have now 28 people booked and ready to sail.

Enjoy the Zuiderdam, I know we did and sorry we never were able to hook up with you on that ship, it was so big it was hard to find the girls I was sailing with some times.

Have fun.

Actually I checked the Amerisuites site and they do offer free high-speed internet at their location. :)

Doone how long does it normally take to get a reply back from valuetrips.com? They say 2 business days but I am hoping that I hear tomorrow or I will have to call them I guess.

I did try to book Amerisuites once through valuetrips, but I guess I was too early when I tried and it came back as the prices hasn't been set for that timeframe or whatever, but it was about 2 or 3 business days. I thought it took kind of a long time myself.

Alison, I am glad you finally received your confirmation and happy I could help in any way. Have a wonderful cruise on the Zuiderdam. Have a Coral Drop for me in the Crowe's Nest!!!!!

• 4 months later...

We will be spending 2 nights post cruise at one of the two Courtyard Fort Lauderdale - East or Airport & Cruiseport. We will not be renting a car. Can anyone tell me if there is public transportation near either of them? Restarunants other than Denny's?

Thank you for any recommendations anyone can give me on either of them.

Courtyard "East" is a long way from both FLL and Port Everglades and would be a rather pricey cab ride if you're not renting a car (the cab fare to and from would exceed the cost of a small rental car for 2 days). It's an older motel that was converted into a Courtyard. Quite frankly the whole property looks rather tired, depressing, and not well kept to me. There's a Denny's across the street! ;) There's another restaurant at the front of the hotel but it didn't look to be operating the last time I was past (yesterday). There are several other restaurants close by, a few are walkable, but most would be a bit of a hike. As for public transportation, it's on a bus route.

Courtyard "Airport & Cruiseport" is a very nice, brand new hotel that's very close to FLL and Port Everglades. It would definitely be my choice between the two! They have "free" airport shuttles and it's next to a Tri-Rail station where I think you can get a bus. Other than the Tri-Rail station the only thing within walking distance though is Bass Pro Shop's Outdoor World, but they have a very nice restaurant called Islamorada Fish Company... http://www.ifcstonecrab.com/ritem.cfm?cat=63

Archived