Calabaza Catamaran

izzy19

Hi, does anybody know how much this charter costs for the 5 hour sail? Cruising in December and want to book either this or Silvermoon

We have them booked for April of next year. The cost is $110 per adult, $90 for under 12.

Here is a portion of the email I received when I inquired about their cruise:

Our rates are BDS$220.00 (US$110.00) per person (children under 12 years are BDS$180.00 (US$90.00) for the five hour lunch cruise, we limit ourselves to 12 guests to provide a more intimate and personal setting.

Transport from and to the port is included, banana bread upon boarding, hors'doeuvres, buffet lunch, dessert and of course drinks. Lunch is typically, rice, pasta, couscous, garlic bread, green salad, mixed salad, bean salad, vegetable or coleslaw, fish and either chicken, pork, ham or beef. Please let me know of any food allergies when booking.

We do two snorkel stops, one at the turtles and one at a reef and/or wreck, another stop for lunch and a swim.

Our crew will be in the water with you at all the snorkel stops for guidance and assistance, and they are getting pretty good with the underwater camera, taking some really fantastic pictures, which we usually email to you after the cruise.

Masks, snorkels and fins are provided and have snorkel vests if needed. We also have two bathrooms on board, boys and girls, just in case.

There is plenty of shade and sunny spots on the boat for the fair skinned and for the tan lovers. Getting into the water is via a swim ladder at the back, any difficulties, our crew stands by to give you a helping hand.

I hope this helps.

Sharon

I just did Calabaza in January 2014 and I have to say, Gina & her crew are top notch. My best excursion yet on all my cruises. I am looking to going back just to do it again. The best part was you were able to relax. Gina took care of you from the minute you got on the catamaran and didnt stop until she dropped you off. Food & drinks delicious. Another plus is when I returned home, I had an email with pictures of our day along with the recipes for all the delicious food she served.

She's #1 for a reason and if you sail with her, you will find out why. :)

thanks so much Sharon...I'll hit you up after you have gone to see how you liked it...but TA says it's the #1 attraction on Barbados...

Sorry izz19 but maybe I will need to hit you up to see how you liked it if you decide to book it. If you're looking to do it on your December Equinox cruise, you will be cruising before us. We don't cruise until April of next year, 2015. I heard that it can book up several months in advance, so we went ahead and booked now. Some people on our roll call had booked before us, so I decided not to wait.

Sharon

Hi, we were just on Calabaza 2 weeks ago. We had a GREAT time. Danny, Fabian, and Andrew were great hosts, (Gina had a prior engagement) looked after our every need, and were just fun to hang out with. The snorkeling was fun. We did see turtles, fish, wrecks and we were very fortunate and also saw some whales. Gina's food was all home made, a good variety, and very good! Lot's of rum punch and beer. One thing they do that no other tour I know of does. They take a lot of pictures of you on board and while snorkeling, and they send you a link to download them FOR FREE. I've been on other tours that try to sell them to you at a ridiculous price.

We will definitely be repeat customers. :D

Hi, we were just on Calabaza 2 weeks ago. We had a GREAT time. Danny, Fabian, and Andrew were great hosts, (Gina had a prior engagement) looked after our every need, and were just fun to hang out with. The snorkeling was fun. We did see turtles, fish, wrecks and we were very fortunate and also saw some whales. Gina's food was all home made, a good variety, and very good! Lot's of rum punch and beer. One thing they do that no other tour I know of does. They take a lot of pictures of you on board and while snorkeling, and they send you a link to download them FOR FREE. I've been on other tours that try to sell them to you at a ridiculous price.

We will definitely be repeat customers. :D

Thank you for the great review! We will be on this tour in early May and have been booked for about 10 months. I do have difficulty with swim ladders if they do not extend far enough into the water as I cannot get my hip to bend enough. I am hoping that it will be good enough for me. I plan to evaluate the situation once onboard and if I feel I can't go into the water it sounds like th catamaran ride will still be a delightful day.

Thank you for the great review! We will be on this tour in early May and have been booked for about 10 months. I do have difficulty with swim ladders if they do not extend far enough into the water as I cannot get my hip to bend enough. I am hoping that it will be good enough for me. I plan to evaluate the situation once onboard and if I feel I can't go into the water it sounds like th catamaran ride will still be a delightful day.

I don't think you will have any problems. The end of the catamaran is quit low and the ladder extends 2 or 3 steps into the water. One of the ladies on our sailing only had the use of one leg and she had no issues.

021.jpg

022.jpg

I don't think you will have any problems. The end of the catamaran is quit low and the ladder extends 2 or 3 steps into the water. One of the ladies on our sailing only had the use of one leg and she had no issues.

THANK YOU for the great pictures! Between my hip, knee and my (a'hem) "fluffiness" I was concerned. However, I should be able to do fine getting out to the water. I never have a problem getting into the water. Gravity is my friend getting in, my nemesis getting out!:eek:

Wow.....Thank you, thank you, thank you!! We have reserved this trip for this coming June, and I've been very concerned about the ladder into and out of the water! I have two new knees, and I just don't know if I can do it. Now that I've seen your wonderful pictures, I feel much better about it!

I, too, will see what it looks like and make my decision then. I have heard such wonderful things about Gina and her crew, and I'm sure it will be a great day.....no matter what.

Thanks so much for posting those pictures!!!

Ginny..........will you please, please, please come back here and tell me what you thought. You sail a few weeks before we do. I'd love to hear your thoughts about this excursion, and the Jewel. Thanks so much!!!

Edited by firstcruiserDB