Formal Nights

jvparish

Can someone tell me when formal nights on the Dream will be when it goes out of New Orleans? The itinerary has 2 sea days the first 2 days and 1 sea day the night before back to port. We want to reserve the Steakhouse to celebrate our 30th anniversary but don't want to give up our 2 formal nights:D

It's over a 99% chance that the first elegant night, the big one, will be on Night 2, whether that is a sea day or port day. Because of sailing out of New Orleans, Day 2 will be a sea day. In my experience, the 2nd elegant night has typically been on Night 6, but it can sometimes be on Night 5. You can rule out Nights 1, 3, 4, & 7 for sure. Just remember that sea day or port day usually doesn't matter. They will try to have it on a sea day, but it isn't always. I have had many elegant nights on port days. Since Days 5 & 6 are both port days, elegant night could be either one, so you would want to keep both open if you don't want to miss it. Since the Dream hasn't started sailing New Olreans yet, we can't know for sure when that 2nd elegant night will be. Different ships may choose to do it differently for the same itinerary.

Happy anniversary!

Edited by k2excursion

Can someone tell me when formal nights on the Dream will be when it goes out of New Orleans? The itinerary has 2 sea days the first 2 days and 1 sea day the night before back to port. We want to reserve the Steakhouse to celebrate our 30th anniversary but don't want to give up our 2 formal nights:D

I would shoot for the first night for the steakhouse. Prices are almost always better on those nights and it is sure not to be a formal night.

I would shoot for the first night for the steakhouse. Prices are almost always better on those nights and it is sure not to be a formal night.

Isn't the price the same for any night? $35 per person. The only advantage of the first night is a free bottle of wine, but its not a very good one.

Like the previous poster mentioned, doesn't usually matter if port or sea day, but, depending on which itinerary you have on the Dream, sea days might have changed. On our May 4 cruise the itinerary has been flipped. The 2 sea days are now at the end.