Allure of the Seas Specialty Dining packages?

Yes they do. We are just off the Allure. We had the Allure Dining Package which included Chops, Samba, Giovanni's, and Izumi. ( I may have the spellings wrong). We hadn't been to a Brazilian restaurant like Samba. I wouldn't go again. All the meat tasted the same. Side dishes were a salad bar, appetizer bar, steak fries and grilled vegetables. What is the Solarium restaurant in the day is turned into Samba at night. It is very nice. Always love Chops. Giovanni's was good but if you want "regular" Italian, go for lunch. In both of these you can sit outside in Central Park. There is live dinner music and is lovely We never got to Izumi

They are no longer offered. Effective around May 1st. They are not available for our May 4th Allure sailing but I did see a report of someone booking them on the April 27th Allure sailing.

Also, the price of Chops and Giovanni's increased by $5 per person at the same time.

I can't speak for the Allure but we have an upcoming back to back cruise on the Brilliance and the packages were offered on our April 30th cruise but they aren't offered on our May 14th cruise, so it appears they are being discontinued.

They are no longer offered. Effective around May 1st. They are not available for our May 4th Allure sailing but I did see a report of someone booking them on the April 27th Allure sailing.

Also, the price of Chops and Giovanni's increased by $5 per person at the same time.

Is there somewhere this was announced? Our cruise is June 1 on the Allure, and when we called RC last night, they said to check for the package back in a week or two, but did not say they were discontinued. However, that's not the first (or last) time customer service hasn't been aware of new policies.

I called the other day because I was trying to find out information on the dining package and I was told that they are in the process of revamping the dining package. The new packages will be released within the next few weeks. Any cruise after May 1st cannot get the old package (if they booked it before it was removed they will honor it). I asked what changes are coming, and of course he was VERY vague and said they would be releasing details soon. Once it is released, it will show up in the pre-cruise section in your reservation. Hope this helps! :)

I called the other day because I was trying to find out information on the dining package and I was told that they are in the process of revamping the dining package. The new packages will be released within the next few weeks. Any cruise after May 1st cannot get the old package (if they booked it before it was removed they will honor it). I asked what changes are coming, and of course he was VERY vague and said they would be releasing details soon. Once it is released, it will show up in the pre-cruise section in your reservation. Hope this helps! :)

They don't need to honor anything as the old packages were never available to book for Allure cruises after May 1st. Believe me, I tried for our May 4th cruise as $70 pp for the CP dining package was much cheaper than the $100 pp to book them individually.

My guess is the "revamp" is simply a "re-price" as the cost of Chops and Giovanni's went up. Still, any package that offered savings would obviously be worth it.

They don't need to honor anything as the old packages were never available to book for Allure cruises after May 1st. Believe me, I tried for our May 4th cruise as $70 pp for the CP dining package was much cheaper than the $100 pp to book them individually.

My guess is the "revamp" is simply a "re-price" as the cost of Chops and Giovanni's went up. Still, any package that offered savings would obviously be worth it.

Same here, I have been trying to book the dining package on our May 14 cruise on the Brilliance since the packages became available on our April 30 cruise months ago. Hopefully the new packages will still be a good deal and something that people will want. I thought the old packages were about perfect, so can't see how they could be better, which leaves only one direction. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My family of 7 celebrated our 40th Anniversary onboard Allure of the Seas in Jun 2014. This was the second time for my wife and me. We had a wonderful experience with the Specialty Restaurants, which is worth sharing. On our first Allure cruise in 12/2012, I pre-booked the Choice Specialty Dining Package—Chops Grille, Giovanni and Samba Grill for about $20 less than individual reservation. Since we had a good experience, I wished to do the same pre-cruise reservation, to no avail, because there was no longer a dining package listed online. I contacted Royal Caribbean and was told to book individually. I booked and prepaid for the same restaurants plus Izumi (the cover charge was no longer needed). Izumi was the first restaurant on day of embarkation. Surprisingly, the waiter informed us that we had a ~$175 onboard credit because we booked a package online. And in addition, we’ll get a 30% discount on any other Specialty Restaurants, so we also ate at Rita’s Cantina and 150 Central Park; and only ate at the Adiago (main dining room) on the two formal nights. For Izumi, we ordered the "Combinations" for sharing. Overall, we had a delightful and memorable experience. On a couple of evenings, we had to re-arrange the time of dining due to activities, and were easily accommodated. Service was personal and excellent. In Adiago, our waiters, Antonio (head) and Alexander (assistant), were wonderful, catered to our individual needs and remembered each of our names. Moreover,

I ordered a dozen roses for my wife and our sons also ordered a bouquet of flowers as a surprise. The flowers were fresh and healthy lasting throughout the cruise. Unfortunately, they were not allowed to be taken with us on disembarkation by US Customs (I inquired about it at the Quest Services).