Anyone gone to Nohoch Kay in Costa Maya?

FloridaOma

Nohoch Kay was delightful. It looks something like a laid back Mexican fishing village. the beach was nice and uncrowded. The water is shallow, albeit somewhat weedy, for quite a ways out to a reef. There are plenty of water craft available.

Food and drinks are plentiful. They don't seem to care how much you order.

Be aware, you have to walk out of the port area to get a cab. Cabs are very cheap. On the return they will drop you off at the port.

I would go on the western Caribbean cruise JUST to go to Nohoch Kay! One of my favorite places on earth. It has completely ruined fish tacos for me though, because every time I order some at home, they just don't compare to Jaime's. The shrimp ceviche is also amazing! It is a fishing village and Jaime knows the fishermen well, so he gets first pick of their catch and so everything is very fresh. The staff is super friendly and you will really enjoy yourself. The beach does have a lot of sea grass and you have to wade out a bit, because it's shallow. But there are also kayaks to use, if you are into that.

Keep an eye out for Betty Boop:)

Edited by hominid
add photo