Rough Seas - Speciality Restaurant Cancellation

With the latest news on dining for Anthem and Quantum I wondered:

Has anyone booked a speciality restaurant and not felt like going due to rough seas? Has anyone had a refund due to this or illness?

I have only missed dinner twice when I have cruised when the ships were in rough seas. The first time was exiting the Panama Canal and the second time the ship was going to Barbados. I preferred to stay in my cabin both times, I did not feel like going to a restarant. On the ship going to Barbados bottles of liquer in the shops fell off the shelves, however my parents went to dinner and are happy to eat when it is rough and have sat in near empty dining rooms several times.

As Antherm is cruising the notorious Bay of Biscay, rough seas could be a problem.

This happened to us on Freedom. We had reservations for Chops one night, but DH was seasick. We called Chops to explain and they let us change our reservation (which had been pre-paid) to another night. No problem at all.

Edited by Mickeylee

We just got off the Oasis and had to do this same thing. Rough seas on days 6-7 and we just didn't feel like sitting down for a long dinner indoors (we prefer open decks and a breeze during rough seas). We were able to cancel and get a full refund for a pre-paid specialty dinner. A lot of passengers were cancelling/rescheduling.

We just did this on the Grandeur. Due to rough seas on Day 9, we canceled our Izumi reservation (part of a package) and asked if they could switch it to day 10. They had no problem doing so given the rough seas.

Good information. Scheduled to cruise in May. I hope we don't have to reschedule, but nice to know it is possible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk