I want a pvp

tkotis

Has anyone every changed PVPs? I would like to but I just feel like it might get awkward.

While I love how my PVP returns phone calls and emails....her information has been lacking in accuracy on numerous occasions and I'm not sure it's always in my best interest (and I get tired of verifying information here at cruise critic).

You would hope that your PVP would be quick to respond and answer questions but also provide accurate information in my best interest.

We have basically switched over to a TA for this next group cruise although we started with our PVP....so half the bookings are with the PVP and any additional ones will be with the TA - he has responded quickly with accurate information.....so far so good - if this works out I'll use him again for our cruise vacations and recommend him to friends and family.

We had one that was amazing !! But she "sailed her ship" and moved on . The gentleman who replaced her has had a hoot with us with the last two cruises he has booked for us( these were the first time he dealt with us too ) since both times we received the golden tickets for the free cabins .. When we called him the second time he was like " you have got to be kidding me right ?" Probably wouldn't switch to anyone else though he's a nice guy

"someone told me I will one day get sick of cruising ... I just smiled and said only when I'm dead "

My PVP lacks information too so I do my own research.

I realized the value of a PVP when a month or so ago I called the 800 number asking if I could switch my free cabin sailing for another date. She put me on hold and after a few minutes told me that there was no availability on my new date request. I thanked her and hung up.

An hour later I was checking my emails and see a CANCELLATION notice from Carnival. I freaked out!

I immediately called my PVP, explained to her what I did and she scolded me for doing so, that the 800 reps are a different group and not knowledgeable at all. What happened was, yes, in order to find availability they needed to cancel the original sailing and check the new sailing but what the 800 number person FORGOT to do was reinstate my original booking.

NEVER AGAIN will I talk to an 800 rep unless it has nothing to do with my direct booking. Luckily I caught it quick and my PVP was able to rebook it, as she too was worried that my booking number changed to, but it didn't.

• 2 weeks later...

Out rep that we use has been with Carnival for over 20 years. He is amazing. When there is a price drop all I do is email him and he fixes it immediately. I honestly can't say that I have any complaints.

I can relate to your things getting weird by changing reps. I am having a lot of issues on NCL and changed reps but it is really a sticky and uncomfortable situation.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

When I first sailed with Carnival I booked through a travel agent. Ok but no real personal service. Second and Third cruise I booked through a experienced but very pushy and overbearing PVP. Changed my PVP to a guy who looks out for me and anyone else sailing with us. Booked our last three cruises through him and he is very good. Not pushy but when I need info or have a question he gets back to me right away. My PVP has also sailed on almost all he ships in the fleet and can give me some really good insight. He also has his own facebook page you can contact him through. A good PVP his worth having.

you can have mine. she has become a pain in the butt and doesn't do much for me other than annoy me. not sure why she earns a commission for booking my cabin after I do all the work researching. I can book online all by myself.

What's a PVP?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Personal vacation planner- PVP

There are two ways that you can book a cruise over the phone with Carnival. One - just call the 800 number and talk to whomever answers the phone.

Two - Use a PVP. They are more knowledgeable and if you have any problems or questions about your booking, they have all of the info and are easier to work with. Some of them learn what cabins you like, what ships, etc. and will help you make a decision about a cruise.

Mine has been great. He calls every so often if I don't have a cruise book. I tell him what I am looking for and he makes his notes. I called him to check on some things just prior to the $50.00 deposit. Told him I would probably book in a couple of weeks since I didn't have an extra $500 laying around for the deposit. Said he would call if something came up. A few days later the $50.00 deposit started and he called right away to tell me.

I have had bad experiences with TA's and using a PVP is the easiest way to book with Carnival.

So the only way you get a pvp is to email Carnival?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No you can get one just by calling the 800#..It's the luck of the draw which PVP answers your call. If you want an experienced one then email Carnival and ask for an experienced one. Personally I had a great PVP and then one day POOF he was gone..I've gone thru about 4 since he left ( I just kept calling the 800# if I wasn't satisfied with the previous one I had dealt with) and finally I have established a relationship with another PVP who seems to get the job done for me. It's all a matter of preference.

you can have mine. she has become a pain in the butt and doesn't do much for me other than annoy me. not sure why she earns a commission for booking my cabin after I do all the work researching. I can book online all by myself.

My sentiments exactly. I have to say that I am a control freak and I have to know everything about everything. I think I may get a better deal with a TA. Since I know exactly what I want when I call. They often give freebies in the form of photos etc. I don't really care about free photos but Carnival never offers them. I have gotten some OBC from a TA. When I've asked my PVP about OBC she has said its not available this sailing, YADDA YADDA YADDA. Prices are the same too. I think I've just talked myself into using a TA next time.