Switch from Early Saver to Pack and Go?

ccarpenter1963

I switched to pack and go after my final payment. We just got our cabin assignment and we are VERY happy with our new cabin. It's a gamble but its one that can pay off big like ours did.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I switched to pack and go after my final payment. We just got our cabin assignment and we are VERY happy with our new cabin. It's a gamble but its one that can pay off big like ours did.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Really? I'm surprised. Did you have early saver? Were you charged the $50 pp fee?

Has anyone else been able to do this? If this is allowed, I may have missed out a time or two....

Edited by funinthesun1964

This was one question I asked my PVP when I booked the ES rate (first time booking that rate), and he told me that if any lower price or promotion came up at least two days prior to the cruise, we could get that rate, and/or book under the promotion, getting the price difference as OBC or an upgraded room.

This was one question I asked my PVP when I booked the ES rate (first time booking that rate), and he told me that if any lower price or promotion came up at least two days prior to the cruise, we could get that rate, and/or book under the promotion, getting the price difference as OBC or an upgraded room.

but it has to be a rate where you can pick your own cabin. With pack and go you can't pick, it's assigned to you later. At least the last time I did a pack and go, it was this way. Has it changed?

This is also my understanding.

but it has to be a rate where you can pick your own cabin. With pack and go you can't pick, it's assigned to you later. At least the last time I did a pack and go, it was this way. Has it changed?

Hasn't changed as far as I can tell.

With Early Saver, you must price match to the same category. Can't do that with a guarantee.

Hasn't changed as far as I can tell.

With Early Saver, you must price match to the same category. Can't do that with a guarantee.

I recently price matched with Early Saver from a normal interior on the Upper Deck to a 1A (the rooms with 2 windows) on Main deck on the Triumph, so it can be done. Probably just depends on who answers the phone. I also price matched to a Pack and Go Rate, but that was almost two years ago so the policy could have changed since then.

I recently price matched with Early Saver from a normal interior on the Upper Deck to a 1A (the rooms with 2 windows) on Main deck on the Triumph, so it can be done. Probably just depends on who answers the phone. I also price matched to a Pack and Go Rate, but that was almost two years ago so the policy could have changed since then.

Interesting.

I think you're correct...depends on who answers the phone.

This is from the Carnival website FAQ on early saver:

What is the price protection assurance feature with Early Saver?

If you find a lower Carnival advertised fare after booking your cruise, we will honor it, issuing the difference in the form of a non-refundable onboard credit. The lower fare must be: (a) for the same ship, sailing, stateroom category and number of guests (b) available for booking at the time you submit your request for the lower rate and © a rate the guest in the cabin are eligible to receive, if special restrictions apply.

Early Saver guests are not eligible to be protected on the following programs: Super Saver, Instant Saver or any other program that does not allow cabin selection at the time of booking. Price protection will be subject to the prevailing fees and/or fuel supplement if applicable.

However, as the saying goes: call Carnival, get two different people, get two different answers. We didn't book early saver on one of our cruises, saw a price drop. I called and emailed and would not get ANYTHING. No OBC, no upgrade. However, hubby called while he was at work, talks to someone else, we get upgraded from an interior to an oceanview. You never know.