Getting married onboard or shoreside?

I am trying to decide between the 2 options....

The wedding will be in July (average temperature 90), so than we feel more comfortable doing inside and in port, with that, we will have more guests.

And than we will miss that beauty of paradise....getting married by the beach in Cozumel must be priceless. But not too many people will attend. Any help?

Thank you!

We chose inboard at embarkation port due to combo of price, weather uncertainty, losing that port day for us and guests, and wanting some people to come who could not sail. After the wedding when we were relaxing on deck for sail away I realized that having the stress/anticipation of the wedding over at the start made us (and our parents) much more able to really enjoy the whole cruise! I would not have thought of that part beforehand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Have you considered getting married in port, but having the ceremony/reception on the ship. That's what we did.

We weren't excited about the quick pace/high stress of an embarkation day ceremony, especially at a port far from our home. Plus we wanted to keep the number of guests manageable. We had the wedding at the first port. It meant all the guests sailed with us, but that helped limit our guest list to only 60. One nice benefit was that while the ship was in port, most other passengers went ashore. So it almost felt as if we had the whole ship to ourselves.

I am in the process of planning a December wedding ashore on the island of a Grand Turk (which is the last port of call of our 8 day cruise) and having a reception back on board the Carnival Freedom. This gives us the best of both worlds.... The beauty of paradise and the comfort of an indoor reception.