Venice pass for transportation & museums?

Princess & 4 Princes

I did a search here & cannot find info on this. We will be in Venice for 48 hours (last day of cruise & 1 more day after). Family of 5 (kids 19, 17 & 7). We want vaparetto passes (I think) for 48 hours, and want to see St. Mark's & Doge's Palace with Secret Itineraries Tour. We will need to get from cruise port to our hotel @ Campo Santa Maria Del Giglio vaparetto stop around 8 or 9 a.m. on a Tuesday. I have looked all over & cannot make heads or tails of what kind of museum/transportation passes might be best for us?

Thank you!

I did a search here & cannot find info on this. We will be in Venice for 48 hours (last day of cruise & 1 more day after). Family of 5 (kids 19, 17 & 7). We want vaparetto passes (I think) for 48 hours, and want to see St. Mark's & Doge's Palace with Secret Itineraries Tour. We will need to get from cruise port to our hotel @ Campo Santa Maria Del Giglio vaparetto stop around 8 or 9 a.m. on a Tuesday. I have looked all over & cannot make heads or tails of what kind of museum/transportation passes might be best for us?

Thank you!

Hello! After reading your itinerary, I do not believe the 48 hour ACTV pass is right for you, but just my opinion. You would be spending 150 Euro for your family. However, you need one vaporetto from the port to your hotel, which would cost 7Euro each (35 Euro total). Since your hotel is so close to St. Mark's and the Doge's Palace, you will not need a vaporetto getting to/from there. You will also need to figure out how you want to get to the airport - I suggest vaporetto to piazzale Roma and taking an ACTV bus if you are not in a huge rush. Altogether, you might be spending 80-90 Euro for all your travels if you do not get the pass, but the 48 pass will cost you 150 Euro.

Having said all of this, I believe the info you are looking for is here: http://www.veneziaunica.it/en/content/main-catalogue

You should look at Tourist Tickets ACTV - they are 30 Euro each. For an extra 4 Euro pp you can also get an airport transfer bus one way to/from the airport, which you might need.

Thanks for the info. I looked on the site, which is one of the places I had looked before, but am still confused. I guess I have it narrowed down to the MUVE Museum Pass, which is the median pass, which will run us 102 euros...whoa, maybe I will go to the sites I would actuallu utilize & recheck whether that's worth it.

As far as the transportation passes, I am still confused. Our youngest will have just turned 7 & 6 & under travel for free--will they check his age? Also I found something called a

"20,00 € - 3 DAY YOUTH CARD: ROLLING VENICE*

* The ticket is valid for 72 hours from stamping and can be bought by young people aged between 14 and 29 by showing the Rolling Venice Card, on sale at the Hellovenezia ticket desks for € 4.00.So 3 Day Youth Card Rolling Venice is on sale only at the Hellovenezia ticket desks. Allows unlimited travel and can be used on all the services - both waterborne (except*Alilaguna routes and Actv routes no.*19, 16, 21 and*Casinò) and on land - that provide urban services within the municipality "Comune" of Venice*(land services on the Lido and in Mestre except for journeys on the land-bus route 5 Aerobus*having Venice Marco Polo Airport as departure or arrival point).*"

What is a "Rolling Venice Card", and why would kids over 6 to 13 be more than students 14-29?

I am going to go thru our daily plans & price out the passes vs. individual tickets, but what tickets do we need to get from the cruise port to the Grand Canal Vaparettos (line 1 or 2), and we will be leaving Venice via train (not airplane), so we won't need tickets to the airport.

Edited by Princess & 4 Princes

Haha, I also find that funny that between 6-13 is more than 14-29? I read the same thing, but that CAN'T be right? Can it?

Cruise port to hotel - Take the people mover to Piazzale Roma and take line 1 or 2 to your stop. Same thing returning to the train.