Where to meet on the Glory?

Hi, On Sept 10, between 30-40 people are going on the Glory This group of us, has met on the cruise Critic. We would like to know from any one that has been on this ship where would be a good place for us to get together and meet. and have a drink the night we leave. Or, If you are getting ready to go, maybe you can check things out. Any help you can give us sure would be helpful!! Thanks Panda

I am on the Glory on October 8 and so far there are about 45 people from this board and from cruisemates that are going right now we are planning to meet on the Lido deck but one of the persons going suggested calling Carnival and requesting a small reception room for the meet. We are also as of right now wearin some type of Mardi Gras beads to be able to recognize each other.

Michele

Well, I think there's something like 22 bars on the Glory, so take your pick! They're all pretty good. But a good place to meet for dining is by the fish and chips bar. It is one level up from the main buffet area. There are stairs right in the dining room that go up there, but it seems like nobody knows it's there. We would take our breakfast food up there and eat because you could always find tables and it was quiet. I think one morning we were the only ones up there. And at lunch, the fried fish and seafood soup is awesome. It would be a great place to meet a group for meals.

On Conquest, which is just like Glory, our group met at the back bar, by the pool with retractable roof. It was a nice large, open area with plenty of room to meet & mingle. This ended up being our favorite meeting place fpr the entire week. Bar there & late night pizza. :D We tried the mardi gras beads too but many did not wear theirs. Good luck & have fun.

Carnival does not usually allow lounges or rooms for meeting places unless it is a group cruise & prearranged party. We inquired & were told we would have to pay per person.

I was on the Glory in April and we met in the aft pool area, the Azure Bar...this didnt work out well at all. If you meet during the day, I suggest picking one of the aft lounges, like the Cinn-A-Bar. Sometimes they have private parties in one of the lounges on the first day so have a back up lounge, perhaps Ebony Cabaret or Bar Blue. There is also a little place tucked away called the Crimson Club, it's between the dining rooms I think--check the ship map they give you when you embark and you'll be ok getting there. Crimson Club though is very small. Go with one of the aft lounges.

With our CC group on the Glory last August we had the initial get together in the library. It worked out great. That way we made plans for other get togethers with the portion of the group that actually "shows up" for the meet and mingle. We had a teriffic group. Initially we had almost 40 say they were coming and when the time came only about 20 showed up.Our cruise this past May we were on the Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas and set up a Sail a Way party with fellow CC members. We met on the helipad as we pulled away from port. This was a lot of fun too.

hi panda, cruised the glory a year ago, geting ready to go again in oct. our cc group met on lido deck aft bar. azure bar. it worked fine, fresh air, pool and bar. had the bartender take photos for us. alot of us bought cruise critic t-shirts or hats from this site and wore them on! this was cool, standing in line was kinda fun, someone would holler at u because of the t-shirt. cooool. we r meeting again at this bar in oct.

Archived