POA Question

kjcombs89

Forgive me if this question has already been answered...I've looked and not seen it, so I thought I'd just ask.

We are sailing on POA in October. We are doing research on Molokini Snorkel Tours (both with NCL and with private companies). If we choose to do one with a private company, we'd need to meet at Ma'alaea Harbor fairly early (7am-7:30am).

My question...how early can we get off the ship on the second day in Maui? Is it open to come and go throughout the port time, as long as we're back by 5pm?

Same question for Kauai...how early can we leave the ship on the second day there? We may be too tired by then to want to leave early, but it would be good to know.

I did email NCL, but they haven't gotten back to me yet.

Thanks for any help! Also, any recommendations on private Molokini Snorkel Tours, Luaus and rental car tips would be much appreciated! I've greatly benefited from some of your reviews here! :)

This is our first visit to Hawaii...my husband and I are going for our 25th anniversary! ;) We are super excited and I'm enjoying the research and planning part right now!

Forgive me if this question has already been answered...I've looked and not seen it, so I thought I'd just ask.

We are sailing on POA in October. We are doing research on Molokini Snorkel Tours (both with NCL and with private companies). If we choose to do one with a private company, we'd need to meet at Ma'alaea Harbor fairly early (7am-7:30am).

My question...how early can we get off the ship on the second day in Maui? Is it open to come and go throughout the port time, as long as we're back by 5pm?

Same question for Kauai...how early can we leave the ship on the second day there? We may be too tired by then to want to leave early, but it would be good to know.

Thanks for any help! Also, any recommendations on private Molokini Snorkel Tours, Luaus and rental car tips would be much appreciated! I've greatly benefited from some of your reviews here! :)

This is our first visit to Hawaii...my husband and I are going for our 25th anniversary! ;) We are super excited and I'm enjoying the research and planning part right now!

For the two overnights, Kauai and Maui, the gangway is always open. You could come back aboard at 3am, and leave again at 5am, if you so wanted. It's just like a hotel, come and go as you please.

Hi kjcombs89,

We are on the POA a week from Sat, 10 days to go.....

We booked the Molokini Snorkel Tour directly with Four Winds as we wanted this specific charter boat. If you book thru NCL, they use a few different charter Co and you get what ever boat has space. It was also cheaper to book on-line directly with boat charter co.

We are renting a car for the two days we are in Maui. Our snorkel tour is 0700am on day two of Maui. The difference in price between NCL and booking directly with the boat paid for the car rental. I cannot comment on how good the Four Winds is over the other boat operators, but I do belive NCL does also use the four Winds as one of there contract tour co's. Here is a link if you would like to check them out.

http://www.fourwindsmaui.com/morningmolokinisnorkel

Have fun

For the two overnights, Kauai and Maui, the gangway is always open. You could come back aboard at 3am, and leave again at 5am, if you so wanted. It's just like a hotel, come and go as you please.

Thank you! That is what I was hoping to hear!!

Hi kjcombs89,

We are on the POA a week from Sat, 10 days to go.....

We booked the Molokini Snorkel Tour directly with Four Winds as we wanted this specific charter boat. If you book thru NCL, they use a few different charter Co and you get what ever boat has space. It was also cheaper to book on-line directly with boat charter co.

We are renting a car for the two days we are in Maui. Our snorkel tour is 0700am on day two of Maui. The difference in price between NCL and booking directly with the boat paid for the car rental. I cannot comment on how good the Four Winds is over the other boat operators, but I do belive NCL does also use the four Winds as one of there contract tour co's. Here is a link if you would like to check them out.

http://www.fourwindsmaui.com/morningmolokinisnorkel

Have fun

Thanks! I have looked at Four Winds, as well as a few others. I like the idea of the smaller tour rather than the big group of people (75+) however we have done the bigger snorkel tours on other cruises (Antigua, Barbados and Cabo) so it's still fun, regardless. We just also like the option of having the car if we want to spend a bit more time out and about before having to be back on board the POA.

Who are you using for car rentals?

I will look forward to hearing about your trip when you return! :):)

We went with Hawaii Discount Car Rental which is basicly a car rental broker and selected eccom. They give you the best rate, but you do not know who you rent from until you book. I think we have budget in Maui.

Will post a review shortly after we get back. I'll be sure to get some pics of the snorkel trip.

Edited by Den Leader

We went with Hawaii Discount Car Rental which is basicly a car rental broker and selected eccom. They give you the best rate, but you do not know who you rent from until you book. I think we have budget in Maui.

Will post a review shortly after we get back. I'll be sure to get some pics of the snorkel trip.

Awesome! I will certainly watch for your review! Hope you have a great time!!