Which Jet Ski tour review to trust?

SconnieMom

Family and I are hoping to do a jet ski excursion at Key West early on Friday the 11th of April. However, I can't find a single vendor that doesn't have a review that says they either left someone way behind, refused or outright lied about a refund for cancelled tour due to weather, tried to extort money for an existing dent/ding and/or just rude service.

Reviews are so hard because I'm certain not only do owners post anon/fake reviews of themselves positively, but also are likely to post anon/fake negative reviews of each other. They are in direct competition with each other and I'm sure it's rather cut-throat.

Suggestions welcome/appreciated.

I have only heard good things about Barefoot Billy. Many people are surprised at how rough these tours can be, especially in windy weather. You can really banged around and get wet. Maybe some of the bad reviews are from people who expected an easy, relaxing ride...

Sort them by rating and you find "“Just awful -- avoid this place”

1 of 5 starsReviewed July 1, 2013

Terrible experience. When my young family and I returned our carts early and with no damage the attendant did everything he could to not return my credit card deposit. He was very aggressive and I had to confront him to get my deposit back. I was on the verge of calling the police. Give somebody else your business.

Visited June 2013"

We did the jet ski tour with fury summer of 2012. We have the same tour scheduled again in 3 weeks.

We had a blast and no problems with extra charges or hassles. But it was a 90 min guided tour. It was fast. Too fast for my 8 year old daughter who was riding on the back of my ski.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app