Wine selection on Viking

BeignetBoy

We are booked on the Viking Grand European Tour in June and are wondering about the wine selection on board. I know that wine is included with dinner and while we aren't very picky with wine, we don't like sweet wines and therefore are considering the liquor package to give us a slightly better wine selection. And this package would also allow for us to have an included cocktail or beer at the included price.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

We were on Grand European last fall with Viking. Whites were dry for the most part. Sat with a lady that owned a vineyard in Napa, California.......she thought the wines were very good. Reds also. You can always buy local wine off the ship and drink it onboard. Cheaper than the drink packages.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Forums mobile app

I can't image that they would be serving sweet wines with meals with the exception of perhaps a Reisling which would be considered semi-dry.

I do wonder however if they offer a choice of wine with meals (other than choice of red OR white).