Allure-September or October 2014?

Trying to plan a cruise for a birthday gift and was looking at either September or October. Only thing that worries me about October is that that's (from what I've read), the height of the hurricane season.

True?? Worth taking the risk?

Trying to get on Allure one last time before she leaves for Europe.

Trying to plan a cruise for a birthday gift and was looking at either September or October. Only thing that worries me about October is that that's (from what I've read), the height of the hurricane season.

That varies from one year to another, Floridians have more experience than me. But prices should be lower and less kids in October. IF there is a ship that an extra sea day is not a bad thing, it could be this one.

Edited by BillOh

September is the actual height of tropical storm season (as least historically) for the Caribbean as a whole. However, early October tends to be a sweet spot for Florida tropical storms based on recent weather trends. This could potentially disrupt embarking and disembarking.

However, you know why hurricanes were originally named after women....because of their unpredictable nature.

Edited by comxkid

Hello!

Nobody can predict the weather - will this fall will have hurricanes? Yes - the real question is where they will land? Last year was a quiet storm season in general. Hopefully this year won't make up for that. I have cruised during hurricane season about 10 times with no issues. I've had bad cruise weather in the spring.

Anyways - I am booked on Allure for Labor Day week. They had some decent prices for Sept a month ago, but they went way up for the WOW sale and have not dropped back down. If the prices and timing are right don't let the weather worry you. just get out there and have fun!

Hope to see ya on the ship!!

Late August through mid September is considered the "height of hurricane season". I have cruised many times in September and only had one issue due to a nearby hurricane. We missed St. Maarten one time because of large swells coming into Phillipsburg making it unsafe to dock the ship.

October is nearing the end of hurricane season (it officially ends on the last day of November) but it is generally quieter for hurricanes in the Eastern Caribbean. Late in the season the Western Caribbean has a higher potential for a storm. I'm sailing on the Allure on September 14th this year and it will be the second time sailing her in September. There were no issues last September.

Now of course I have no kind of crystal ball or ESP so what the weather will be this September is anyones guess. I would not worry about hurricanes because if a storm affects the original itinerary the ship will alter it's course and avoid the storm. So an Eastern Caribbean itinerary can suddenly change to a Western Caribbean trip.

We went on the Oasis last Sept. 21st and we loved it! In 2 of the 3 ports we were the only ship there! It was so nice and quiet!

Hurricane threats come and go down here but it's a hit or miss thing.....I mean hurricane season is June thru the end of November....so why wait just book. Lol

My Husband and I try every year to go over Labor Day. Usually the least expensive. Fewest kids, and only once hit a tropical storm. Part of the fun of going to the Caribbean. Oh, and my B-day is 9/2.

[we will be on the 9/14 sailing also. First timers.

=Eng23;42381996]Late August through mid September is considered the "height of hurricane season". I have cruised many times in September and only had one issue due to a nearby hurricane. We missed St. Maarten one time because of large swells coming into Phillipsburg making it unsafe to dock the ship.

October is nearing the end of hurricane season (it officially ends on the last day of November) but it is generally quieter for hurricanes in the Eastern Caribbean. Late in the season the Western Caribbean has a higher potential for a storm. I'm sailing on the Allure on September 14th this year and it will be the second time sailing her in September. There were no issues last September.

Now of course I have no kind of crystal ball or ESP so what the weather will be this September is anyones guess. I would not worry about hurricanes because if a storm affects the original itinerary the ship will alter it's course and avoid the storm. So an Eastern Caribbean itinerary can suddenly change to a Western Caribbean trip.

[we will be on the 9/14 sailing also. First timers.

=Eng23;42381996]Late August through mid September is considered the "height of hurricane season". I have cruised many times in September and only had one issue due to a nearby hurricane. We missed St. Maarten one time because of large swells coming into Phillipsburg making it unsafe to dock the ship.

Come on over and join the roll call.

Here is a link to it:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1848646

You will have a great time no matter the weather. The Allure is a great ship! :)

Edited by Eng23

Youre wrong the height of the hurricane season is sept. 10.

My birthday is in October and this is usually my gift to myself each year! You can see from my signature that I generally cruise in Sept. Oct. and Nov. Never once have had any issues. This year we are going on November 2,2014. Come on over to our roll call!