3-4 hours in Seattle before p.m. Amtrak train

Our flight arrives at 1:10pm and we're departing via Amtrak at 6:50pm. Our plan is to drop our luggage at Amtrak ($4 per bag) and (if the weather cooperates) walk to Pike Place via the seawall, returning back to Amtrak through Pioneer Square. I put together a walking map but realize that it doesn't 'know' the area like a local would. I don't want to miss something wonderful that may be a street or 2 over! This is on a Friday if that matters.

This is the mapquest link http://www.mapquest.com/#e6a1b35c8167e392ffc9d13b

Can anyone please drag the route for us so we don't miss something? We like scenery and history. We aren't into shopping and we intend to just grab a bite to eat as we go whenever something looks interesting.

Thank you so much!

Don't know if it just me but when I open that link I am taken to Prince George BC - only a 1000 or so kms from Seattle.

The general itinerary you outline is the one that I use when I have a layover between trains in Seattle.

I also stop for fish and chips at Ivar's - a Seattle institution - either the more expensive eat in or the lower-priced outdoor seating.

Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...

If you are expecting a train, check your ticket very carefully. Last year, we unwittingly bought a bus ticket to Vancouver. It was fine, but I would have rather taken the train. They did state on the ticket that it was a bus, but I was being dense.

4 hours you could take the metro up to Pikes Place and shops up there. Vancouver is an awesome town. Do not underestimate Vancouver! We are planning a trip back just to see it. :)