mom and 8year old

kmom235678

My hubby and oldest boy (14) are going deep sea fishing in July so I thought what the heck and booked a 3 night cruise on disney.

We are going to fly out the day b4 and stay a day after. In Jan. of this year we went on a carribean cruise and our flight was all screwed up so we ended up with some crdits from northwest airlines and some from expedia. Needless to say our air is only going to cost us 73$ pp and our hotels which are the sheraton suites orlando airport this one cause it's close to the airport and has a free airport bus,

and the sheraton safari hotel lake buena vista cause this one is close to disneyworld and if we are not too tired returning from the ship off to disneyworld we go. and i only had to pay 8.63$ for one and the other i'm paying 9.34$.

I'm afraid to rent a car to drive to the port i have a hard time driving anywhere an not getting lost so the shuttle though disney is 69$ pp round trip, if you know anyone that is cheaper please give me that info.

I am goning to rent a car the day we return from the ship because they want 50$ to take me from the airport to the hotel and i think that's a little to high when i can rent a car for about the same and that's not a far drive so if i get lost there i won't have to worry if were going to miss the ship!!!!

I paid 639$ pp for deck 7 cabin 7619 inside we are not going to be in the cabin that much so won't miss a window. I need to know if there is a formal night on a 3night cruise?????

Our table setting is large and it will be my son's b-day so i belive there is going to be a cake for him one night???

Am i going to be bored being by myself ??? Are most families with there spouses????

Any answers to all of my questions would be helpful thanks in advance

Debbie

I've never been with just my DD, although I think it would be a great trip! There is no formal night on the 3 night. There is so much for you to do--movies, lounges acts, shows, etc, I really don't think that you will be bored. Visit Deck 4 with the comfy chairs, stare out at the sea, and just enjoy being by yourself, with no responsibilities, no decisions to make, no chores to do. If you tell the servers about the birthday, they will bring a cake to the table and sing--though sometimes it seems like a long wait--there are alot of birthdays out there. If it is in the budget (and it sounds like you are doing great) do a spa treatment. Don't worry too much about driving--the beeline is a nice road, and it is very easy to get to and from port. Have a great time!!

Wonder 10/01; Magic 1/02; Wonder 10/02; Radiance 7/03; Wonder 10/03; Magic 9/04

Check with your cruiseline you will probably have to have a letter of permission from your husband to take your son out of the country. This is a common thing but something that many are not aware of. There have been a number of threads on this board about this situation.

Let me correct the above statement, it is not to take your son out of the country but some other countries require these statements to enter.

Don

• Administrators

I did both the 3 and 4 day DCL cruises with my son only...he was 10 and 11 years old. I must say, I did spend most of my time alone, as he absolutely LOVED the kids club on board. I could never get him out of there....

I think you'll do fine being by yourself from time to time...this isn't a "party,singles" ship, you'll feel very comfortable where ever you are on board.

As someone mentioned, spend some "me" time....if the spa isn't in the budget visit the gym for a half an hour...or perhaps spend some time in the hot tub by yourself.

If your son ends up wanting to spend some time with his new "friends" on Castaway Cay, you will be JUST FINE sunning. I was always the first one off the ship for this beach day...yet I kept walking to just past the bbq place. It almost never gets crowded here. Don't stop at the first lounge...keep walking, as the day wears on you'll be glad you did.

Also, the drive from the orlando area to Port Canaveral is the easiest ever...it is practically a straight run. I used Avis -- the'll shuttle you either way...to from the ship. Easy as pie!

Enjoy, and say hi to "Tinkerbell" for me,

Laura

Laura Sterling

Community Manager

Up4travel@aol.com

Cruise Critic

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Thanks for the great info-I didn't ask the original question, but the situation is the same. Youngest DD (10 y.o.) and I are going by ourselves in September. I am really looking forward to it. icon_smile.gif (oldest DD (13) went to Europe for two weeks with Grandma last summer..this is baby sister's turn!) icon_biggrin.gif

Wonder 09/2004

Celebration 04/2001

Thanks all for the great info.....

And a big THANKS to Laura for the tip about Avis

I booked a car from the 14th to the 15th and from the 18th to the 19th for 136$ cheaper then the shuttle from disney and that gives me more freedom to come an go when i want....

I still need any info about the Hotels that I have booked!!! any info please.....

And thanks to all about the spa info now my son wants to go lol and get a rub down from a prttier woman then his mom....

But here's a new question for all does anyone know what Disney Quest is I have never heard of it????? any info on that would be great.

Thanks again in advance.

Debbie

Archived