How to figure correct kids sale free rate?

Luvtoeat

Trying to figure the kids sail free rate for a family member in an OV on the Liberty for 8 nights. I put in 3 passengers and came up with $2090. Then I redid the quote using 2 passengers and the only promotion that came up was called this could be you and the price was $1539. How can it be called kids sail free when the rate is much more. I have been on many cruises but trying to compare the different promotions can drive you crazy. Would greatly appreciate any help in trying to get the correct rate.

Trying to figure the kids sail free rate for a family member in an OV on the Liberty for 8 nights. I put in 3 passengers and came up with $2090. Then I redid the quote using 2 passengers and the only promotion that came up was called this could be you and the price was $1539. How can it be called kids sail free when the rate is much more. I have been on many cruises but trying to compare the different promotions can drive you crazy. Would greatly appreciate any help in trying to get the correct rate.

Did you use the Fun Select Price to get the quote for the the three passengers? That's the only rate code the kids sail free applies to...

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Kids Sail Free is not what it appears to be FREE. I was booking cruise for 4 using Carnival's Kids Sail Free category and noticed they raised the rates on the 1st two passengers up $350 to make up for the kids sail free promotion, in reality this saved $29 on each kid. Kids Sail Free promotion is attached to Fun Select rates and a 8C category balcony was $1029 for the 1st two using Fun Select rates. If you go in and book the same 8C category for two people the fare is $679 each. Do the math!!! Kids in reality do not sail free!!!!

Yes, "Kids sail free" is not great on Carnival... Our upcoming cruise is $3,136 on the "This could be you" sale. When I switch to the "kids sail free" it goes UP to $3447.

When I received the e-mail saying that "Kids sail free" is "back by popular demand", I thought... "Yeah, right! They mean it is back because the sale did not go as well as they had hoped." Just my opinion :D

Did you use the Fun Select Price to get the quote for the the three passengers? That's the only rate code the kids sail free applies to...

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

...Correct. The "KSF" promo is only valid with the Fun Select Price rate code... which is basically the "newbie" price. If you've sailed Carnival before, you are eligible for any of the other discount rates. They will not let you book under "Early Saver" or "More The Merrier" rates (for example), and then try to get the kids free. Cruise lines won't let you "double-dip" on these rates.