Gift Order Snafu

qsuzi

Have you had a similar issue and/or have any comments to help avoid this in the future or currently? We ordered a surprise gift (flowers) for someone currently sailing on the Adventure OTS. Her son e-mailed me to say he went to Guest Services when her flowers weren't delivered by Day 3 and was told the "Tropical Flower Arrangement" wasn't loaded on the ship in Miami and the ship doesn't carry those type of flowers in stock. I have asked the son to see if they can substitute another type of flowers and if not to get a copy of where they document the issue because Corporate Guest Relations says this is what is needed to get a refund. So one bottom line is there needs to be documentation of the issue in the ship log to get refunds so there is no way to get a refund if you don't have a way to see if your surprise gift was received during the sailing :(

Edited by qsuzi

My experience with Corporate Guest Relations after having a cruise issue is that they are very helpful, and have always taken my word for whatever the problem was. I've had occasion to call them 3 or 4 times for erroneous charges on the SeaPass account, and they have always promptly removed them just based on my word.

The gifts and gear website needs a MAJOR overhaul. Having to FAX or MAIL the order in is just silly. Why can't it be electronic like everything is these days?? And then, while you do get an electronic confirmation, chances are good that your gift will not arrive on schedule.

Having read about other people's issues, I brought confirmation of my order with me. Fortunately, my order involved wine,not flowers, so not as difficult to fix the "Oops! We forgot" issue. My gift...with the appropriate gift card...was eventually delivered by day 2 or 3, but it was SUPPOSED to be in the cabin when we arrived. And it was supposed to be a SURPRISE for my cabin mate. (It wasn't much of a surprise after I had to keep asking the cabin steward to look into our missing gift!)

In our case, I guess it all worked out in the end, but it's not a particularly good system.

We had an issue that was not resolved properly on our honeymoon cruise. I had ordered room decorations for my husband, and it turns out my family had already ordered the same decorations. They did not tell me this and instead charged me as well. I had to fight with Guest Services several times and they did NOT take my word for it, I had to get online, print a copy of my card statement and have my dad send me his, and in the end the WRONG person was refunded. It was a miserable experience and took several hours and trips to guest services to deal with. It was wrong of them to take a second payment for something that you can only have one of in the first place. Fraudulent if you ask me.

The gifts and gear website needs a MAJOR overhaul. Having to FAX or MAIL the order in is just silly. Why can't it be electronic like everything is these days?? And then, while you do get an electronic confirmation, chances are good that your gift will not arrive on schedule.

Having read about other people's issues, I brought confirmation of my order with me. Fortunately, my order involved wine,not flowers, so not as difficult to fix the "Oops! We forgot" issue. My gift...with the appropriate gift card...was eventually delivered by day 2 or 3, but it was SUPPOSED to be in the cabin when we arrived. And it was supposed to be a SURPRISE for my cabin mate. (It wasn't much of a surprise after I had to keep asking the cabin steward to look into our missing gift!)

In our case, I guess it all worked out in the end, but it's not a particularly good system.

I order something from gift & gear every cruise and have never had a problem recieving the things I order on the day I want it delivered, which is usually day 1 of the cruise. When we get to the cabin when they open everything is always there.

Also you can order and pay online without having to mail or fax in the order. I order and pay oline each time. :cool: