Alcohol pkgs

Love fishing

I am on a Rx medication that advises against drinking alcholic beverages (doctor's orders), but my friend who is sharing my cabin is a big drinker, so I thought I'd have to buy the Cheers card too in order to avoid spoiling her fun.

Officially yes, Cheers is all or nothing for all adults in a cabin. All must get it or none can get it.

It's not unheard of for a couple with children to book one adult and one child to each of two cabins. Then the adult in one cabin could get Cheers without the other adult being required to do so. Never tried it so I may be misunderstanding.

Sorry but unless your friend is buying your cruise for you I see no way you should be obligated to pay an extra $57 per day to avoid "spoiling her fun". If she must have Cheers package she needs to pay yours as well, though I suspect it'd be more cost effective if she simply bought by the drink.

Officially yes, Cheers is all or nothing for all adults in a cabin. All must get it or none can get it.

It's not unheard of for a couple with children to book one adult and one child to each of two cabins. Then the adult in one cabin could get Cheers without the other adult being required to do so. Never tried it so I may be misunderstanding.

Sorry but unless your friend is buying your cruise for you I see no way you should be obligated to pay an extra $57 per day to avoid "spoiling her fun". If she must have Cheers package she needs to pay yours as well, though I suspect it'd be more cost effective if she simply bought by the drink.

Thanks, but it's not her fault I've been put on this Rx, nor can she control Carnival's rules. I'm just happy to be going on a cruise.

Thanks, but it's not her fault I've been put on this Rx, nor can she control Carnival's rules.

I still don't understand why you'd spends hundreds of dollars on a Cheers program if you're not going to drink.

Do whatever makes sense to you, but I just don't understand why you wouldn't just skip the program and she'd buy her drinks individually. Just to break even vs two Cheers programs on a four day cruise you're talking about her drinking a minimum or 60 drinks or 80 beers; add another 15-20 per day for longer cruises.

$57 per day/person equals about $800 for a one week cruise. Did I mention other lines now do this at no charge? BTW - I'm now booking my 5th Carnival cruise, mostly since I'm taking my ten year old.

The almost $800 a week would be for 2 adults, not one.

Thanks, but it's not her fault I've been put on this Rx, nor can she control Carnival's rules. I'm just happy to be going on a cruise.

You may want to check but they may waive the everyone in the room requirement if you have medical documentation from your doctor. At least wouldn't hurt to ask and would save you some money.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

You may want to check but they may waive the everyone in the room requirement if you have medical documentation from your doctor. At least wouldn't hurt to ask and would save you some money.

you can ask (it wont hurt to ask) but they will never make the exception. People have posted similar things including pregnancy and I have not heard one case where they waved it

From posters on other threads, even when the "medical condition" is verifiable (such as an obviously pregnant woman), they requirement has not been waived. If person #2 does not want or can not partake in Cheers, person #1 must simply pay for each individual drink they get, the way it was before Cheers was introduced.

But, isn't celebrity at least $800 more for the cruise? I'm just gonna smuggle instead ;-p

I will say that I have managed to "bring" my own vodka on each and every cruise I've been on until my recent Celebrity cruise as yes all drinks under $10 were included at no charge. My Celebrity cruise was $899 on the newest ship in the fleet with an extended balcony cabin each plus port charges. I would say that's about the same as on the Newest CCL ship, but you can certainly find less expensive options on older ships.

Trying to compare and get the cheapest cruise was not my goal, it was just my wife and I and I wanted a more upscale cruise with a nice cabin. When you consider the price, drink package, and leaving with a small room bill it was great. Even better, with the drink package, we were able to try drinks we would never order ordinarily. If price is the biggest factor, I'd look to some MSC offers of one week for $199 and then bring my own vodka.

I'm certainly very happy to see a mainstream line change policies, and hoping that other lines are more all-inclusive in the future. :rolleyes: