What to do with 4 kids?

gkrnjlr

I have a friend (single dad) who is taking his 4 kids on a cruise that goes to Progreso and Coz.

I've looked online and don't see a lot for Progreso. He was thinking about doing a dolphin excursion but the prices are a sticker shock for him.

What would you recommend for a group of 5 (4 of which are kids that are 12 and under)?

Thanks!

I have a friend (single dad) who is taking his 4 kids on a cruise that goes to Progreso and Coz.

I've looked online and don't see a lot for Progreso. He was thinking about doing a dolphin excursion but the prices are a sticker shock for him.

What would you recommend for a group of 5 (4 of which are kids that are 12 and under)?

Thanks!

Take a ride on the double decker bus when you arrive in town. It is a fun way to get acclimated to the town. You might look at Autoprogreso tours and see if their trips would suit you. We have used them to go to the Dzib and Xcambo Mayan ruins as well as to the Reef Club Beach Resort (no longer offered) and the Technotel Beach Resort.

We spend the winter near Progreso and our grandchildren, ages 12, 10 and 7 join us in late January or early February. We are used to having to find activities for them.

You did not list the ages of all the children. If they are swimmers, an excursion to Dzibilchaltun might be in order. There is a nice small museum, interesting ruins and an open air fresh water cenote for swimming.

The beach at Progreso is another way to spend an afternoon. You do not have to book an excursion. Ride the shuttle into town and walk down to the beach. If the weather is nice, the beach is a great place to play. Vendors will be selling beach toys. If you can get a table at Eladios (Calle 78 and the beach), they have a small freshwater swimming pool and you can watch the kids play in the water while having a beer and snacks. Sometimes Eladios sells a package called the Corona Beach Club. I do not think you need the package if you have kids. Otherwise you can walk down the beach and find another restaurant serving drinks on the beach under shade. If it is cool and windy on the beach, take the excursion to Dzibilchaltun. The weather is much warmer and less windy ten miles in land.