Florence-drop off point

Anybody know about the drop off point for tours that just provide transportation to Flroence? Been there twice before but this time I am thinking of going on my own. Needless to say I don't want to be dropped off in an odd area that once I start my touring I can't find my way back!

If it helps,

We were walked from the bus to a meeting point in the centre of Florence, and told to meet the guide abck at the same point at a certain time. When we met we were then walked back to the bus.

I think we were picked up about 4 pm, but not 100%. I would imagine that different ships would perhaps have different arrangements. The thing is that not many busses go into Florence. Most take you to the viewpoint overlooking the city for a photo oportunity and then drop you nearby as I said previously. There were lots and lots of busses, I don't know where they actually park up for the day.

We too are doing the bus thing from the ship (RCLL Splendour) but on our own for Florence & Rome. Does anyone know the approx. time you are dropped off/picked up at both of these places as well as the approx. vicinity/landmark where you are dropped off. It will be a packed day for sure so any assistance in providing info for timing and dropoffs would definitely be appreciated.

On another note, I have my plan for Rome set, but I haven't quite figured out Florence. I definitely want to go to see the original David in the Accademia Museum, Ponte Vecchia bridge, and the Santa Maria del Fiori cathedral. What other highlights should I include on this walking tour? Thanks for all your help, this site is great, and overwhelming at times!

Archived