Photo Package Help

My family and I have saved a little money and decided we wanted to get the photo package on our up coming cruise. After doing some research we decided we would splurge on this cruise and get it, but just because we are going to splurge doesn't mean we shouldn't be frugal about it:) We want to get the "All digital photo package." Here in lies where I need a little help. A friend told me she booked this package pre-cruise for around $200, but when I went to book it the web site wanted $250:confused:. I then entered other dates besides my said date (same length of cruise) into the Image Group website and came up with a range of prices. My question is, is this common? Do prices normally range so widely for the same number of nights; some with the exact same itinerary as our cruise? Those who have had experience, would it be cheaper just to purchase this package on the ship? Thanks in advance for any and all help!

My family and I have saved a little money and decided we wanted to get the photo package on our up coming cruise. After doing some research we decided we would splurge on this cruise and get it, but just because we are going to splurge doesn't mean we shouldn't be frugal about it:) We want to get the "All digital photo package." Here in lies where I need a little help. A friend told me she booked this package pre-cruise for around $200, but when I went to book it the web site wanted $250:confused:. I then entered other dates besides my said date (same length of cruise) into the Image Group website and came up with a range of prices. My question is, is this common? Do prices normally range so widely for the same number of nights; some with the exact same itinerary as our cruise? Those who have had experience, would it be cheaper just to purchase this package on the ship? Thanks in advance for any and all help!

It's a matter of dates, time of year, popular vacation times, whimsy of the gods. I took a 10 day on Grandeur the first part of last December and the all Print (digital is not an option on Grandeur) package was ~210. We have a 7 day coming up in May and the same package is 250. Hubby & I are now debating the package as the 10 day had 3 formal nights, more part debarkations and MANY MANY MANY photo ops, where as the 7 day has (I presume) 1 formal night, not as many ports and, thus, not as many photo ops.

Edited by KarinaGW