Re: Live Chat with Vicki Freed about Quantum Class

When a comment regarding the negative effects of the movement of Quantum to China for U.S.-based TAs was made, she responded: "no worries! We will be bringing 3 ships to the NE in 2015 and keeping the Anthem of the Seas year-round once she starts in the Fall of 2015." So perhaps, Bayonne will keep Anthem.

When asked if the Anthem deployments and itineraries would be made available BEFORE the opportunity for C&A members to book her on April 25th, she stated: "We are very excited to reveal the itineraries for Anthem of the Seas. Please continue to visit the latest deployment updates," so no straight answer was given.

The rest of the "chat" didn't reveal anything that wasn't already public knowledge.

Edited by MaritimeR&R

When a comment regarding the negative effects of the movement of Quantum to China for U.S.-based TAs was made, she responded: "no worries! We will be bringing 3 ships to the NE in 2015 and keeping the Anthem of the Seas year-round once she starts in the Fall of 2015." So perhaps, Bayonne will keep Anthem.

Well that's encouraging! Probably dependent on Bermuda's dredging as many of us have speculated. Hopefully the year round Quantum Class ship actually comes to pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Well that's encouraging! Probably dependent on Bermuda's dredging as many of us have speculated. Hopefully the year round Quantum Class ship actually comes to pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

"Encouraging" is definitely the right word, Dave. But I am not getting my hopes up -- too many "wow" changes lately for my appetite.

So it's pretty much just a switcheroo of the Quantum class ships.

Instead of Q-Class 3 going to China, Quantum is.

Anthem homeporting in NJ. (replacing Quantum)

Q-Class 3 homeporting in Southhampton (replacing Anthem)

Logical reasoning by RCCL. I bet Bermuda not being ready, made the decision easy. They probably wanted to get a Q-class in China quickly anyhow.

So it's pretty much just a switcheroo of the Quantum class ships.

Instead of Q-Class 3 going to China, Quantum is.

Anthem homeporting in NJ. (replacing Quantum)

Q-Class 3 homeporting in Southhampton (replacing Anthem)

Logical reasoning by RCCL. I bet Bermuda not being ready, made the decision easy. They probably wanted to get a Q-class in China quickly anyhow.

If we can count on what Vicki Freed said as true, given the outrageous prices on Liberty for Bermuda, can you imagine what the prices will be on Anthem!

What about this ... when I go to

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/quantumoftheseas/meet-the-ship/itineraries/

and hover with my mouse over Shanghai I get the message

"From its home port in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Anthem of the SeasSM will be sailing to the Caribbean. Detailed itineraries will be announced in 2014."

Iten.jpg

Could it be that the home port will me Ft Lauderdale? Or is this a glitch with the web site?

"From its home port in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Anthem of the SeasSM will be sailing to the Caribbean. Detailed itineraries will be announced in 2014."

Iten.jpg

Could it be that the home port will me Ft Lauderdale? Or is this a glitch with the web site?

Announcement for Anthem of the Seas out of Bayonne Fall 2015 is official.

Quantum of the Seas out of Shaghai May 2015 is also official.

That is either a glitch or someone didn't bother to update the page.

That was the original plan. Looks like they just forgot to update that on the website.

"Encouraging" is definitely the right word, Dave. But I am not getting my hopes up -- too many "wow" changes lately for my appetite.
I feel the same way. Hopefully next year around this time, we should know for sure.:)