It's official. Freedom to Galveston. Conquest to Fort Lauderdale. Magic stays in Gal.

Dont give up!! Keep calling because we just received an OBC! Not sure how exactly we did it because after I had no success in calling, another person in our group took over and he made it happen!

Thanks, did you get $50 OBC? I emailed again this morning, and I will wait and see what they have to say.

We got it :) !!! Took many calls and emails but our friend was successful! Just that little bit of a goodwill gesture will keep us sailing with Carnival.

Which ship were you originally on and moved to?

We were on Conquest and switched to Splendor and they are not offering anything. They said we still have the same ports. We said but we don't have 2.0 upgrades which is the reason we booked that ship and unfortunately we cannot change our week because of college spring break and do not want to go back on Western swing.

Carnival said we could cancel and get a full refund or use it toward a different cruise and offered us Breeze for $540 more for one day longer. They would rather lose our business than compensate us for losing the upgrades.

Yes, $50 per person OBC.

We were on the Freedom and moved to the Conquest. We have the same ports but the Conquest lacks two things we really liked.....the Mongolian Wok and Serenity deck. Not sure what made them finally decide to give us some compensation. We did look at other sailings but nothing worked with the dates we needed.

I'm not one to really push these things but I really believe Carnival knew they were going to move the Freedom for quite some time. I realize when you book the disclaimer says they can make these changes but its just not good customer service to advertise cruises, have people book them and then make changes. These circumstances could be so easily avoided!! Just my opinion

Yes, $50 per person OBC.

We were on the Freedom and moved to the Conquest. We have the same ports but the Conquest lacks two things we really liked.....the Mongolian Wok and Serenity deck. Not sure what made them finally decide to give us some compensation. We did look at other sailings but nothing worked with the dates we needed.

I'm not one to really push these things but I really believe Carnival knew they were going to move the Freedom for quite some time. I realize when you book the disclaimer says they can make these changes but its just not good customer service to advertise cruises, have people book them and then make changes. These circumstances could be so easily avoided!! Just my opinion

Did you have to talk to a supervisor or a specific PVP? You can email me at krkjlk64@gmail.com with an answer if you don't want to answer here.

Did you have to talk to a supervisor or a specific PVP? You can email me at krkjlk64@gmail.com with an answer if you don't want to answer here.

Our friend spoke with someone in guest solutions. I had spoken to someone from there previously and didnt get anywhere. I am guessing they tell you no and most people just take that answer.

Good luck!!! Let me know if you get any satisfaction. I would especially be upset if I was moved to a ship that doesnt even have 2.0!

Dont give up!! Keep calling because we just received an OBC! Not sure how exactly we did it because after I had no success in calling, another person in our group took over and he made it happen!

Thanks, I decided to call. I mentioned that some on cruise critic had gotten the $50 per person onboard credit to the guest services supervisor and they did give it to me and everyone in our party. :)