It's official. Freedom to Galveston. Conquest to Fort Lauderdale. Magic stays in Gal.

We WERE booked on the Freedom for Feb 21st :( Really bummed they moved it...knew it was a possibility but darn!! Anyway, I think we are "ok" with the Conquest. I havent received my letter from Carnival yet so I called them. She said at this point they arent offering any compensation for the change of ships but I feel we deserve some! We were really looking forward to this itinerary on this ship! Anyone think theres a chance of getting any?? She said our price is protected for a cruise on another ship for the same number of days for the same type of cabin...would that cover a larger ship?? Darn...I should have asked that question!

We were booked March 21 also on the Freedom, no notice of the ship change whatsoever. Called Carnival today and had all the details I needed about wanting a Southern 8 day out of Florida and wanting a serenity deck. I gently led the lady into figuring out the Breeze was the only other choice and I told her we did not mind going a week early or late. Ended up getting the Breeze on March 28 for the same price!

Just got off the phone with Carnival. Originally on the Freedom 6 day 4/26/15. Got switched over to 7 day on the Dream out of NOLA. I did have to pay the new cruise price but they said they were giving everyone $50 OBC whether or not you changed cruises or stayed on the Conquest. She told me they won't apply the credit until the day of sailing though.

Any of you that are staying on the Conquest it might be worth a call to Carnival for $50.

Just got off the phone with Carnival. Originally on the Freedom 6 day 4/26/15. Got switched over to 7 day on the Dream out of NOLA. I did have to pay the new cruise price but they said they were giving everyone $50 OBC whether or not you changed cruises or stayed on the Conquest. She told me they won't apply the credit until the day of sailing though.

Any of you that are staying on the Conquest it might be worth a call to Carnival for $50.

Really?? I have called once but we were never offered any credit. I did talk to someone who gave me a number to call but I havent had a chance to call them. We are a little upset that they Conquest doesnt have serenity or mongolian wok. We did look into swithing ships but non of the dates work for us with my husbands retirement date.

What? I would call back and tell them you know they are giving people $50 OBC. They should give it to you. I told them that we were really looking forward to the serenity and the tandoori grill on the Freedom and that the Conquest doesn't have either of these. Of course, I will have to make sure they actually do give us the credit once we board because she said they won't credit it until sail day.

Edited by thomfam

Thank you for posting this information. Last week on the 24th I hadn't yet received an e-mail about my Conquest cruise being cancelled for April 26, 2015, BUT I tried to access my cruise manager and my booking had disappeared :eek: Only discovered why my booking was gone after reading here on CC about the Freedom and Conquest ships being moved.

Long story short, I called Carnival. They told me our Conquest cruise had been cancelled and a refund of what we had paid so far would be applied to the credit card used for payments. Before I even called Carnival though I had talked with my sister and she and I decided on a different itinerary and ship. So when I called Carnival they were able to just transfer the money we had already paid on the Conquest cruise to the Glory cruise which actually ended up being a little less money total cost. BUT, there was never any mention of $50 obc.

My point is that after reading about Carnival giving $50 obc I thought "why not, what have I got to lose?" Called Carnival and told my story and woohoo, Carnival says we will each have $50 obc on our sail and sign accounts on day of sailing! Just hope it ends up being there :D

What? I would call back and tell them you know they are giving people $50 OBC. They should give it to you. I told them that we were really looking forward to the serenity and the tandoori grill on the Freedom and that the Conquest doesn't have either of these. Of course, I will have to make sure they actually do give us the credit once we board because she said they won't credit it until sail day.

I called back and they said nope!! Wouldnt do anything for us at all! Was on the phone for 45min! I said I knew of people who were going to receive a OBC and they wanted your name. She said if I had the names of people who were getting it they could reference that.

Wondering if anyone else has been told they are getting OBC??

My point is that after reading about Carnival giving $50 obc I thought "why not, what have I got to lose?" Called Carnival and told my story and woohoo, Carnival says we will each have $50 obc on our sail and sign accounts on day of sailing! Just hope it ends up being there :D

Oh good, I'm glad you got it. Your situation was worse than ours as ours just changed ships but yours was actually cancelled. They better give you something for your trouble! Glad you found another itinerary.

It was funny because I never received an email from them either but she insisted that everyone had gotten one stating about the $50 and everything. Hmmm...not in my junk or inbox.

I called back and they said nope!! Wouldnt do anything for us at all! Was on the phone for 45min! I said I knew of people who were going to receive a OBC and they wanted your name. She said if I had the names of people who were getting it they could reference that.

Wondering if anyone else has been told they are getting OBC??

Weird! Looks like two of us on here have got the OBC. And you were booked on the Freedom out of FLL? I'm not sure why they are being so stubborn about it.

Weird! Looks like two of us on here have got the OBC. And you were booked on the Freedom out of FLL? I'm not sure why they are being so stubborn about it.

I have no clue!! We are traveling with friends and he even called. They said no OBC! We were booked on the Freedom out of Ft Lauderdale, switched to Conquest.

And we never received an email either. They did forward me an email but there was no mention of any compensation.

I have no clue!! We are traveling with friends and he even called. They said no OBC! We were booked on the Freedom out of Ft Lauderdale, switched to Conquest.

And we never received an email either. They did forward me an email but there was no mention of any compensation.

Crazyboutdisney, I thought if I friended you on CC I would be able to send you a private message, however I don't think that is possible. I'd be happy to give you my name I just didn't wasn't sure about posting it on this public forum.

I have been following this topic as I too was booked on the Freedom next Feb out of FLL and got switched to the Conquest, and disappointed there's no Serenity. I called Carnival today speaking this concern and requesting the same $50 OBC - nothing! I'm going to try again, since it seems to be quite mixed in their response.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were booked on the Freedom for the 2/7/15 cruise that was switched to the Conquest. We talked and decided we wanted a Serenity Deck and a recent dry dock so we switched our dates on the Freedom for the 1/25/15 cruise. Ended up being about $100 cheaper, no change fee (early saver), and our PVP told me his supervisor said they were giving $50 obc for those who dont change ships?

Glad to be back to the Freedom.

We were booked on the Freedom in April and was really disappointed when they switched to the Conquest. Now that a week has gone by and we've thought about it, and I read that Carnival seemed to be trying to accommodate, I decided to call.

I was told our choices were to cancel and get a full refund, or switch to another (same number of nights) cruise for the same price. We decided to go for the Breeze out out of Miami for the same price in the same category. I'm super happy about the new ship and all the amenities for kids! It will be a hassle getting the four of us to POM as it would have been easier (cheaper) to fly into FLL, but I'm excited about the Breeze, and I'll wrap my head around the hassle of getting there.

Just wanted to add my experience to this growing list. :D

Crazyboutdisney, I thought if I friended you on CC I would be able to send you a private message, however I don't think that is possible. I'd be happy to give you my name I just didn't wasn't sure about posting it on this public forum.

They are now offering us something that we possibly will get anyway. They are offering to drop our cruise rate, which could happen over the year anyway. I am a little hesitant to accept this because we are not clear on if it changes out booking category. And would the rate drop lower than what they are offering I sure want to be able to take advantage of that!

Just dont get what they are being so unwilling to give us the obc??

We were booked on the Freedom in April and was really disappointed when they switched to the Conquest. Now that a week has gone by and we've thought about it, and I read that Carnival seemed to be trying to accommodate, I decided to call.

I was told our choices were to cancel and get a full refund, or switch to another (same number of nights) cruise for the same price. We decided to go for the Breeze out out of Miami for the same price in the same category. I'm super happy about the new ship and all the amenities for kids! It will be a hassle getting the four of us to POM as it would have been easier (cheaper) to fly into FLL, but I'm excited about the Breeze, and I'll wrap my head around the hassle of getting there.

Just wanted to add my experience to this growing list. :D

Many people fly into FLL for Miami cruises. If you didn't book the air yet maybe you could look into that. I fly into FLL for MIA cruises all the time myself and use http://www.ridesas.com to get to Miami cruise terminal or a hotel in Miami.

Bill

Well now I'm starting to wonder if they were just telling me what I wanted to hear! Oh well, I guess I'll just have to go to the pursers desk when I board to make sure I have it. But it's only $50, not the end of the world if I don't get it I guess. :)

I can't believe I have a whole year to wait, I want to start planning now!

Does anyone know how to book the "Faster to the Fun?" On John's blog he said they only sell 15 of these? I would like to purchase it. If anyone has any experience with this I'd love to hear from you!

Thanks!

Many people fly into FLL for Miami cruises. If you didn't book the air yet maybe you could look into that. I fly into FLL for MIA cruises all the time myself and use http://www.ridesas.com to get to Miami cruise terminal or a hotel in Miami.

Bill

Thanks for providing this link, Bill - it really helps a lot. :D

To keep costs down, I'm thinking of spending the night at a FLL airport hotel, then taking SAS to POM in the AM. Good idea? What time should we plan to take the shuttle? I'd like to keep costs down as there are the four of us.

Seeing as you've done it so many times, what would you suggest (and maybe a couple of favourite hotels?) This will be our first cruise.

Thanks for providing this link, Bill - it really helps a lot. :D

To keep costs down, I'm thinking of spending the night at a FLL airport hotel, then taking SAS to POM in the AM. Good idea? What time should we plan to take the shuttle? I'd like to keep costs down as there are the four of us.

Seeing as you've done it so many times, what would you suggest (and maybe a couple of favourite hotels?) This will be our first cruise.

I am sorry but I am not too familiar with the airport hotels in FLL. We usually stay at the Embassy Suites or Hyatt Place on 10th when we cruise from FLL but the airport and most hotels in FLL are in very close proximity.

The only problem with that is that SAS doesn't pick up from every hotel so you'd have to check with them to see if a hotel you choose has a pick up there.

What we usually do is fly into FLL, get SAS to pick us up and take us to our MIA hotel. We usually stay at the Intercontinental which we get on last minute travel dot com at a good price.

I don't see the hotel listed on the lmt website yet but we usually get it for about $150 a night.

You can see the ships right across the bay and you can walk to Bayside marketplace for dinner or to pick up a few last minute things.

Taxi from Intercontinental is about $10-$12 since it's so close.

Good luck with your planning and hope you enjoy the Breeze.

Bill

I am sorry but I am not too familiar with the airport hotels in FLL. We usually stay at the Embassy Suites or Hyatt Place on 10th when we cruise from FLL but the airport and most hotels in FLL are in very close proximity.

The only problem with that is that SAS doesn't pick up from every hotel so you'd have to check with them to see if a hotel you choose has a pick up there.

What we usually do is fly into FLL, get SAS to pick us up and take us to our MIA hotel. We usually stay at the Intercontinental which we get on last minute travel dot com at a good price.

I don't see the hotel listed on the lmt website yet but we usually get it for about $150 a night.

You can see the ships right across the bay and you can walk to Bayside marketplace for dinner or to pick up a few last minute things.

Taxi from Intercontinental is about $10-$12 since it's so close.

Good luck with your planning and hope you enjoy the Breeze.

Bill

Exact same thing I do when sailing from MIA. Fly into FLL, take SAS shuttle to Intercontinental, Bayside for lunch and drinks with my feet propped up on the rail, then a $10 cab ride to POM.

Exact same thing I do when sailing from MIA. Fly into FLL, take SAS shuttle to Intercontinental, Bayside for lunch and drinks with my feet propped up on the rail, then a $10 cab ride to POM.

works for us every time. It doesn't get much better than that . :)

Bill

works for us every time. It doesn't get much better than that . :)

Bill

First thing I do is get a miami vice from the daiquiri shack there and that lets me know my vacation has officially began. I'm going to close my eyes and pretend I'm there right now :D

Well now I'm starting to wonder if they were just telling me what I wanted to hear! Oh well, I guess I'll just have to go to the pursers desk when I board to make sure I have it. But it's only $50, not the end of the world if I don't get it I guess. :)

Does anyone know how to book the "Faster to the Fun?" On John's blog he said they only sell 15 of these? I would like to purchase it. If anyone has any experience with this I'd love to hear from you!

Thanks!

I was on the Conquest and was moved to the Splendor. I have called a couple of times and emailed, but they refuse to give any OBC. The only people who will get the OBC is people who had their cruise cancelled. Stinks, because I won't be getting the room I booked over a year ago, and the room was the reason I booked this cruise. I can't cancel, already have my flights and I'm in a large party who mostly have their flights.

This is the email response I got back from Carnival:

Hope that this email finds you well we appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance. Thank you so much for sailing with us! we are so sorry for the changes that we have had to make to your vacation with us. After reviewing we were able to assist you in protecting your rate for this sailing because of the inconvenience that this has caused. Please keep in mind that these are 2 different ships and set up different. At this time Management is not offering any other compensation at this time.

Anyways, very disappointed in Carnival. I'm sure I will still enjoy the cruise, but it's not what I signed up for.

I have never purchased faster to the fun, but intend to. I believe when you can purchase your shore excursions it should show up in your embarkation port.

I was on the Conquest and was moved to the Splendor. I have called a couple of times and emailed, but they refuse to give any OBC. The only people who will get the OBC is people who had their cruise cancelled. Stinks, because I won't be getting the room I booked over a year ago, and the room was the reason I booked this cruise. I can't cancel, already have my flights and I'm in a large party who mostly have their flights.

This is the email response I got back from Carnival:

Hope that this email finds you well we appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance. Thank you so much for sailing with us! we are so sorry for the changes that we have had to make to your vacation with us. After reviewing we were able to assist you in protecting your rate for this sailing because of the inconvenience that this has caused. Please keep in mind that these are 2 different ships and set up different. At this time Management is not offering any other compensation at this time.

Anyways, very disappointed in Carnival. I'm sure I will still enjoy the cruise, but it's not what I signed up for.

I have never purchased faster to the fun, but intend to. I believe when you can purchase your shore excursions it should show up in your embarkation port.

Dont give up!! Keep calling because we just received an OBC! Not sure how exactly we did it because after I had no success in calling, another person in our group took over and he made it happen!

Thanks!

We got it :) !!! Took many calls and emails but our friend was successful! Just that little bit of a goodwill gesture will keep us sailing with Carnival.