Onboard Newspaper Example

sengsational

Here are the first few days of stuff I found in my mailbox on a recent Princess cruise. I'll admit to being not very wired into this community, so maybe this is not so interesting. That's why I didn't scan the whole stack...just the first part. If there's a demand, I'll scan more. It's a PDF.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6X74x23Hx7DMml4RmZZWW16bEU/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by sengsational

Here are the first few days of stuff I found in my mailbox on a recent Princess cruise. I'll admit to being not very wired into this community, so maybe this is not so interesting. That's why I didn't scan the whole stack...just the first part. If there's a demand, I'll scan more. It's a PDF.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6X74x23Hx7DMml4RmZZWW16bEU/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks for The Patter dates. Love to see what's happening.

As someone who has posted Patters for my trip reports, I know how much people do appreciate it. And I do know how much time it takes to scan even one day's Patter.

I don't bother with the port guides...I might pack it in my purse along with a much better map, my guide book for that port and that day's Patters (as it has the time to be back on board as well as the port agent's contact info), but many of what's listed are often the stores that have a commission deal with the different cruise lines (for example, Diamonds International) which I avoid. The attractions mentioned will be listed in a guide book anyway. And much of the time, I'll toss the port guide in the trash can or carry to the recycling can on the Lido deck.

If we're booking excursions (which we usually do through Princess), that's been done before the cruise and that info can be found on the Princess website (again, if you want to save time scanning items and memory on your computer -- people here can easily find this info on the site).

So, these Patters and guides - what's the usual size? A couple of double-sided pages, plus or minus, for each stateroom? Just asking, first cruise coming up in June...

Jim

The Princess Patters are standard size 8 1/2 by 11 inches, glossy paper. They are four pages long, folded in half. You'll get one every day of your cruise. It will be left in your cabin every evening detailing the next day's activities. If you need extra copies you can ask your cabin steward, or pick one up at the Passenger Services Dask.

The Princess Patters are standard size 8 1/2 by 11 inches, glossy paper. They are four pages long, folded in half. You'll get one every day of your cruise. It will be left in your cabin every evening detailing the next day's activities. If you need extra copies you can ask your cabin steward, or pick one up at the Passenger Services Dask.

Jim