Silver Spirit / My Silversea Questions

johnnycruise

are the Med cruise somewhat less formal than other regions?

We are on spirit last summer and didn't get overly dressed up. My husband didn't want to wear a tie. I think he did one night. I found that overall people dressed nicely in the evening but there was still a variety of ranges.

We are on the Spirit right now, BCN to Civitavecchia and ate at the small STARS supper club last night when the main areas were formal, as the guide for the ship said it was informal so we were (not casual, just informal). Very pleasant and mellow atmosphere with a talented soulful singer this month and excellent serial small plates, I highly recommend the experience!

Were you able to easily get a reservation in Stars? I am able to confirm all the other restaurants online, but Stars always comes up "waitlisted."

I did not see a STARS booking option online, but I just asked for a booking once I found out when formal night would be and got a reservation on less than 24 hours notice, and there were plenty of seats to spare. Perhaps a big group has booked on your cruise. Check with your butler immediately on check-in at your suite when you see the list of when formal night is and see what he can do.