April 12 Oasis missing person

Xewrsw

I'm a little late getting back on to CC, post cruise....however there was an announcement directly into our cabins at 3:10 in the morning of the 15th on the Oasis of the Seas. They were looking for passenger William Nabors.

I remember because, yes I had my alarm set for 3:30AM to go up on deck with a cruise mate to view the eclipse, and the name was just like actor "Jim Nabors."

(Had to decide whether to go back to sleep for 20, mins!)

I never did ask about it. I was with a big group and we were always busy. But at the end of the cruise, we all wondered what ever happened with the search for that passenger and was it an adult or minor?

Anyone out there know the story?

That was the first time that I have had the PA system come on inside my cabin during sleeping hours.

I would guess that if you didn't hear a second announcement, then the missing person turned up.

We were on a Monarch cruise a couple of years ago when the same thing happened. In our case, the announcement was made twice, about 30 minutes apart. We were told that they were just about to turn the ship around when the young lady called Guest Services.

We've had that happen once -- on a Spring Break cruise on Princess -- and it scared me awake for the rest of the night! Apparently a young "lady" had found "alternate accommodations" and was sleeping there instead of in the cabin with her parents where she belonged.:eek:

The next morning during the captain's daily announcement, he apologized profusely and gave a very stern lecture to all the parents about being responsible and keeping track of their children. He actually used a phrase I've read on here before, "You are not on holiday from your responsibilities!"