Can you deviate from 'default' embarkation port?

WouterC

Is it possible to embark and disembark from a port of call different then the default one, making a different 'loop'?

I was looking at the itinerary for the Norwegian Star. It starts from Copenhagen, then does Warnemunde, does the other ports, ends in Copenhagen.

Then it sails the same route again.

So what I was wondering, is if it's possible to embark and disembark in Warnemünde.

Has anyone done this? I'm guessing the cruise lines don't allow this, but it would be great if such a thing were possible.

There are some routes where this is specifically bookable. For example, you can get on the Epic at Barcelona or Rome and the Spirit at Barcelona or Malaga.

You almost certainly wouldn't be able to do what you are suggesting as a one off as it would mean you would be using that room for two cruises. They can do it for the other cruises, as I assume there are enough people doing it to organise the rooms.

You could, of course, book from Copenhagen and then "miss" the ship and pick it up in Germany. You would still have to disembark at Copenhagen though so I imagine this isn't what you are after.

Is it possible to embark and disembark from a port of call different then the default one, making a different 'loop'?

I was looking at the itinerary for the Norwegian Star. It starts from Copenhagen, then does Warnemunde, does the other ports, ends in Copenhagen.

Then it sails the same route again.

So what I was wondering, is if it's possible to embark and disembark in Warnemünde.

Has anyone done this? I'm guessing the cruise lines don't allow this, but it would be great if such a thing were possible.

As KJ says, in Europe, it is fairly common to have a couple of embark ports on a given itinerary, but the cabin inventory is based on this being scheduled, not for one passenger. As KJ says, the cruise line would lose the revenue of your cabin for the second cruise, since it would be empty nearly all cruise. So the only way this would be possible, would be for you to pay for the cabin for 2 B2B cruises, just to gain one day (and lose a day at the beginning of the first cruise. The other problem is that the lines do not have check in facilities at every port, set up to clear you through customs as they do for normal embarkation.