Don't forget to Check Those Prices Daily!

CarnyMan

Checked the price for our Liberty cruise in June and it had gone down $600 plus we got $200 OBC! That's $800! It's worth it to keep checking on your price!

NICE! We don't sail on Liberty until the end of November....hoping to see some price drops as well, but I don't imagine we'll see anything until later summer, early fall.

With my cruises still months away, I check periodically (a few times a week). But so far, they have all gone "up"... one of them "way up" and doubtful I will see a price below what I paid. But, am happy with the fares I got and will keep checking...

Probably a dumb question, but how do you know if the price went down and if so, what do you do about it? It looks like ours has gone down from what we paid, but it might be a different room.

I just go to Carnival.com and create a fake booking. I get the current price there. There is a form to fill out online if the price goes down but I usually just email my PVP and she adjusts the price.

Jerry,

I do a booking up to the point of selecting a similar cabin then comparing the cost of the new booking with what I paid. This way, it includes all fees and upgrade costs (if any). If you booked through a TA, you will have to have them do the cost differential with Carnival

Steve

Just out of curiosity, that's what I did. The cabin next to ours is $140 less. Everything else is the same. When I search lowest price guarantee, it says it has to be within 2 days of booking and I booked a month ago. So from what I understand, there's nothing I can do. I guess I should search the CC forum. I'm sure this has been discussed ad nauseum somewhere else...

But, now I see I have a $150 onboard credit for some reason. So I'll take that anyday!

Edited by jerrycat

Just out of curiosity, that's what I did. The cabin next to ours is $140 less. Everything else is the same. When I search lowest price guarantee, it says it has to be within 2 days of booking and I booked a month ago. So from what I understand, there's nothing I can do. I guess I should search the CC forum. I'm sure this has been discussed ad nauseum somewhere else...

But, now I see I have a $150 onboard credit for some reason. So I'll take that anyday!

What rate did you book under?

Does anything that goes to Alaska EVER have a discount? :rolleyes:

Yes, last summer there were lots of deals for Alaska, book Early Saver, folks, and you can get the price drops.

I check daily. They said that since I booked it over a year out that I probably wouldn't see a price drop and 1 week after I made final payment there was a price drop and I received a $372 OBC! I was so excited!!!

I can't get past the box with the letters and numbers you need to type to move forward. It keeps saying I've typed an incorrect code. I'm not that bad at typing!

Keep trying..it happens to me all the time...not sure why they have those "codes".

With my cruises still months away, I check periodically (a few times a week). But so far, they have all gone "up"... one of them "way up" and doubtful I will see a price below what I paid. But, am happy with the fares I got and will keep checking...

We booked the Sunshine in September -an aft balcony - which are all sold out now. I'm wondering if there will be a price drop and if that only applies to categories that are not sold out. ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

For one cabin???

Yes! For one cabin with two people. It is a balcony cabin.

I advise to always call Carnival or whoever you booked with just to check for a price drop. It is worth the effort

Yes! For one cabin with two people. It is a balcony cabin.

I advise to always call Carnival or whoever you booked with just to check for a price drop. It is worth the effort

Our cruise isn't until Jan. No price drops yet. We have a balcony but i doubt it would ever drop $600..but...i check daily...