Just booked Grandeur of the Seas

1st time on RCCL. Just booked a family trip on Grandeur of the Seas out of Baltimore for summer 2015. 2 adults, 3 kids 14,12 and 8 at the time of sailing. What can I expect?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

1st time on RCCL. Just booked a family trip on Grandeur of the Seas out of Baltimore for summer 2015. 2 adults, 3 kids 14,12 and 8 at the time of sailing. What can I expect?

Based on our experience, a great time on a great ship with a great crew. One of our favorite itineraries - will be on her again in a couple of months for the Bermuda itinerary. Which itinerary did you book?

The ship is very nice since her revitalization and offers a good children's program, entertainment, and a wide range of dining venues aside from the main dining room and the Windjammer Cafe. The other choices include the Chef's Table, Izumi's, Chops Grille, and Giovanni's Table, which are all surcharge restaurants. The Park Cafe is an additional no charge venue.

Join your Roll Call to meet other people on your sailing date and go to the forums for the ports of call on your itinerary for additional information.

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

The Grandeur is a good ship. The crew are nice and very friendly. We enjoyed the dining room but also did the specialty restaurants which were also nice. The ship is not large therefore it is easy to get around and find the things you like. We cruised on her last year and will be on her again in October. She is an older ship so don't expect the fancy things that are on the larger newer ships. Did not have children with us so I cannot comment on youth activities, but the adults should find it relaxing and enjoyable.

Wonderful ship! I loved my Grandeur cruises. If he's still there when you cruise, you can absolutely expect the best Activities Director on the high seas ... Darryl is a real firecracker. I'll post the link to my review below if you want some serious detail :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1962469

Just stopping by to say hi!

While I was on her without kids and with friends you will have a great time. I can't wait to get back on her (hopefully soon) again!! The new ships are amazing no doubt, but I really like the smaller traditional ships.

When I was one Mariner she was one of the biggest newer ships at the time and I had a great time on her, my kids loved the kids clubs, (at that time they were 9-10-13) the girls loved doing dinner with us and the boys never wanted to leave the club, we sailed with my sister 2 adults 2 kids. I'd assume the kids clubs are pretty much the same across the board, I could be wrong though.

I really enjoyed Grandeur and her sister Enchantment. Great crew, great atmosphere, perfect size, nice pool deck, awesome entertainment throughout!!!

Go have fun, you're going to love it!!

Baltimore is an easy port to go out of- only one ship a day- yours- so no congestion- easy on, easy off. We are on the Grandeur next week-our fourth cruise out of Baltimore. Great for midwest/coastal states also- can drive and not have the flying hassle.