RSVP Regal Princess Feb 8-15, 2015

Boytjie

My partner, Greg, and I are looking forward to getting to know everyone as we approach February 2015. I am curious to see what this one is like in comparison to the RSVP Hawaii Cruise we took back in 2010.

I can only imagine the amount of fun 3 sea days provides compared to the port intensive itinerary that Hawaii offered.

Don

Hi guys, glad you are on board too! The Caribbean cruises are quite different from what our Hawaii cruise was; the sea days are great. Hawaii was it's own kind of special!

Hi guys,

I am just off the Royal Princes, the sister of the Regal. When I was on the ship, I was asking myself how the ship would fare for the 30th RSVP anniversary. I decided the Regal will be great.

Sure, I missed the center stairway, didn't like the tiny Promenade, and wished our balcony was bigger.

But the pros outweigh the negatives by a long shot....for an RSVP cruise.

The ship has two large show rooms and several smaller ones, which can accommodate all the great entertainment. This was a problem on some of the ships RSVP has used before. I think the outdoor deck will work for the parties under the stars. There is plenty of space on the deck above the fountain to see and be seen. The specialty restaurants were great and less expensive than many other cruise lines. Our balcony cabin had tons of space, so bring that extra costume.

I already had my vacation booked for next year when the RSVP cruise was announced, so I will unfortunately miss the cruise. But many of my friends have already signed up and several are thinking about it. I know they and you will have a great time on the Regal.

Greg

Thanks for your thoughts on how the Regal would be for an RSVP cruise. :)

David and Gary from Orlando. This is our first RSVP cruise, but we decided to look into it after our first experience with Atlantis was successful. We are looking forward to everything RSVP and Princess offers. We met a lot of great people last March on the Celebrity Summit. Anxiously looking forward to making new friends.

• 2 weeks later...

Well after a nearly 4 year hiatus it looks like I will be on the February cruise! Can't wait to see so many of my friends that I haven't seen since 2011!

Edited by GregFL

Happy to confirm that cabins M423 and M425 are no longer available as that's where my crew and I will be staying! Marina Deck it is! Thrilled to be bringing my cabinmate Tim Haymon and my bestie and business partner from Village Pub Mark Byard and his husband Fabricio Azevedo along for the ride! So excited to see all my RSVP friends after my extended hiatus!

Tee hee. Reading about this cruise and the RSVP pages have this to say for Princess Cay. "... try your hand at a wide range of watersports." Not sure they thought of their audience. Or maybe they did.

Yes, I am thinking maybe of join y'all.

Tee hee. Reading about this cruise and the RSVP pages have this to say for Princess Cay. "... try your hand at a wide range of watersports." Not sure they thought of their audience. Or maybe they did.

Yes, I am thinking maybe of join y'all.

Nothing new there... On HAL's Half Moon Cay (and frequent RSVP stop) there is a building with a "Watersports" sign.

Nothing new there... On HAL's Half Moon Cay (and frequent RSVP stop) there is a building with a "Watersports" sign.

Seems somewhat strange to not be awaiting announcements! :(

Hope everyone has the usual fabulous time! Be sure to pass on any rumors about future trips!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Folks. This will be my first RSVP Cruise (or any other cruise) since 2011. And my first cruise on a ship other than from the Holland America Line. I am excited about trying a different cruise line, but according to the reviews I've read, I think I am going to miss the Holland America Ships design and roominess of the balconies.

Hi Folks. This will be my first RSVP Cruise (or any other cruise) since 2011. And my first cruise on a ship other than from the Holland America Line. I am excited about trying a different cruise line, but according to the reviews I've read, I think I am going to miss the Holland America Ships design and roominess of the balconies.

Welcome to RSVP! Last year was my first RSVP cruise and good to hear this will be your first year - an on Princess ship ivs. the ship we had last year. Simply put - the ship last year failed in many ways.

I have been on HAL a few times and about a dozen or more times on Princess. I love the Princess Grand class ship layouts and decor. The major difference I find in NCL ships and Princess is the decor of the rooms and public spaces. Princesss has much more of the traditional style than the Whateverdam ships I have been on. And it's the largest of the Grand class ships ever built.

I think you will have a blast - I was blown away last year as to how RSVP will tailor almost every minute of the day to make the cruise specific to the crowd they draw.

I am such an old bird on Princess that I would not be an impartial person to compare the two cruise lines - but, the food is excellent - and many food venues are open late. The to pay for food venues are not to be missed.

I have heard about the short balconies and the severed promenade and the reduction of the aft pool size - but RSVP will eclipse those shortcomings and you will have a blast!

I have also been on many HAL cruises and I predict that you will miss some of the familiar things about their ships. I miss some of the things HAL used to have that they have dropped in recent years. But exploring new ships is also a lot of fun and this Princess ship looks to be quite nice. On the other hand, with all that RSVP does, you may not have time to miss HAL that much. Welcome aboard.

Thanks guys. I know I will enjoy exploring the new ship, the new design and all the extras of the new cruise ships and can't wait to get aboard to do that. If you look at my signature, you will see I am definitely not new to RSVP cruises and have enjoyed many RSVP Dance Parties on the Lido Aft of the HAL ships. Perhaps the smaller pool means greater area for sunbathing and dancing.

• 3 weeks later...

I am booked for February and looking forward to it very much. I just booked the Alaska Cruise in August as well and very excited about that one too. Is anyone else going on that cruise? Is there a forum setup for the Alaska cruise yet?

• 2 weeks later...

4 months and counting. Yea! Does anyone know if RSVP does the Movies under the stars like on the regular Princess Cruises? I'm a so-so fan of MUTS - but do like the option of laying back and taking some time off to watch a movie on the big screen. Just wondered if RSVP tailored the cruise to have MUTS during our cruise or not.

The last time RSVP was on Princess was in 2007 on the Caribbean Princess. If I remember they showed music videos on MUTS some nights and I do remember a movie night - I think the showed The Women. It was a kinda slumber party in pajamas.

The last time RSVP was on Princess was in 2007 on the Caribbean Princess. If I remember they showed music videos on MUTS some nights and I do remember a movie night - I think the showed The Women. It was a kinda slumber party in pajamas.

Thanks, Boytjie,

Just as long as they don't show one of those damn "Transformer" movies every night like they did on my last Princess cruise.....

On the MSC Divina cruise in Feb, they had at least one sing-along night showing the Wizard of Oz on the big screen at the pool, so likely there will be MUTS with a wonderful gay twist[/q

I would like that. As much fun as it is to be 'on' alot of the time - it does do a person good to sit back and just relax with something like a movie and a comforable chair to watch a movie. Also, a pajama party would be great.

• 3 weeks later...

Any word on the party themes? Boytjie had indicated that Randle was planning on disclosing the ideas before Halloween--we're counting the days on this end and are very anxious to get on the ship!!! RSVP recently released the video from the MSC Divina cruise in Feb which is a great synopsis of the vast amount of activities on one of these cruises.