Which cruise

bobbisailsolo

I am debating between 2 Northern Europe cruises. The first is a 14 day north cape cruise which sails in June (only 1 date), the other is a 23 day grand adventure combining Norway Iceland and Transatlantic. The 14 day North Cape is about $300 dollars more... It has 9 mine days in port. The TA cruise has 11 days in port... So quite a few sea days. Which would you choose, if time is not an issue. I've always wanted to sail the north cape, but I suppose Iceland would be just as nice? Is the Norway cruise that much better to warrant the higher price? Which would you choose. BTW, I am traveling solo, 60 years old. Keep in mind these are launch rates. I can certainly wait to see if fares drop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMHO, the best North Cape cruises are on the very small ships as they can sail into fjords that the large ships can't. Also, if I were taking a North Cape cruise again, I'd take one that goes to Svalbard (Longyearben.) My HAL North Cape cruise sailed even further north and into the polar ice cap... Right into the ice field. Still one of my top three cruises.

Thanks Pam... Were you on the prinsendam? Can you elaborate more about the cruise you took? Which ports did you visit? HAL has a 21 day north cape explorer... But it's a little to expensive right now. Will follow it to see if price goes down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have done both of these cruises and enjoyed them. Having said that, if I had the choice to go on either again - the Norwegian would win. The scenery was breathtaking. Whichever you choose, have a great cruise.

cnd crsr, thats just the info I was looking for! Someone who has done both, and had a preference. Looks like I will stick with my original plan and do the north cape, and will look for an itinerary that goes as far north as possible as Pam suggests. Thanks to all for the help!