Carnival Legend Tour - not very happy.

I just came back from Carnival Legend. I was waiting for this day for a long time and wasn't the way how I thought. I will post a review later this afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh no! Sorry to hear your tour was not what you expected. Our tour wasn't what we were expecting either, but we had enough time to make changes. I can't wait to read your tour review--hopefully the things you didn't like can be easily fixed or accommodated.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

Ok. I had to put my thoughts together this afternoon before I wrote anything.

I just want to make sure you all know this is not about Carnival Legend and yes, my mistake of buying the wedding package without knowing the venues. I didn't know how the tour works, but I only found out about it after I booked my wedding. So, if are doing any planning, make sure you tour before booking. That is when my mistake starts.

This morning we all got ready to go and meet the facilities...so excited! Got my daughter and fiancé ready, my in laws decided they "WOULD LOVE TO GO TOO"....fine..we took them.

Tampa port is very easy. We got in super fast, the people that work in port were very nice, They already knew we were coming. Went trough security and went to a private area and was told to follow the wedding group when they open the doors and we had pay close attention on that group, as soon as they were called we could go too. We seat and wait for about ten minutes. MIL starts complain that was a long wait. This lady comes in and start screaming on the wedding guest, telling them what do to and when they should be ready to go and that her priority was the wedding. Really?

That was very rude of her. I got a chance to talk to one of the coordinator, Celeste, nice lady. Celeste said that was 2 weddings today. But she wouldn't answer anymore questions.

You got on board just fine.

We met this nice lady, Ivana. We met her at the guest services. She took us to the "venues".

First one was the Follie lounge. It is the main theater. The lounge is beautiful but the aisde runner was placed in the middle of the stage....I don't know how the bride gets there, Ivana couldn't tell us either. There is no aisle in the middle. That looks weird. I was very disappointed because that is the lounge that I was planning for it. I hate to think that I am going to walk on the side of the stage and the jump to the middle. I was dream about it walking straight forward or down the stairs.

Off we went to another lounge. The firebird. Even worse, the bride walks from behind a bunch of chairs and a wave kind of floor, is not stairs, with high hills you get be really careful. And with I want to add any decorations on the aisle, I can't...Where am I going to place them? The chairs were all over.

I was very please with the reception lounge though. Looks very nice, but wasn't any food out yet.

After we tour all the lounges Ivana said we could go and walk around the ship and have lunch at the Lido deck. So we did that. The Legend it is a beautiful ship, all new. Very safe for the little one's ( my daughter is 14 months old). Instead rails they have all windows. Awesome.

This is my cruise number six. We always traveled with Carnival, and of course, all the other ships had a staircase in the middle of the main lounge...except the Legend.

Now I already paid for it and there is no going back.

This is not about the Carnival Legend, which is a beautiful ship. It is about the lounges they have. And in any minute I was expecting to be this disappointed.

All I can say, don't booked before we really know about the locations. Recently, I read a review about a wedding at Carnival Legend here, and was really nice.I really hope I will be to change my mind and have the most beautiful wedding and post the nicest comments here!

Ok. I had to put my thoughts together this afternoon before I wrote anything.

I just want to make sure you all know this is not about Carnival Legend and yes, my mistake of buying the wedding package without knowing the venues. I didn't know how the tour works, but I only found out about it after I booked my wedding. So, if are doing any planning, make sure you tour before booking. That is when my mistake starts.

This morning we all got ready to go and meet the facilities...so excited! Got my daughter and fiancé ready, my in laws decided they "WOULD LOVE TO GO TOO"....fine..we took them.

Tampa port is very easy. We got in super fast, the people that work in port were very nice, They already knew we were coming. Went trough security and went to a private area and was told to follow the wedding group when they open the doors and we had pay close attention on that group, as soon as they were called we could go too. We seat and wait for about ten minutes. MIL starts complain that was a long wait. This lady comes in and start screaming on the wedding guest, telling them what do to and when they should be ready to go and that her priority was the wedding. Really?

That was very rude of her. I got a chance to talk to one of the coordinator, Celeste, nice lady. Celeste said that was 2 weddings today. But she wouldn't answer anymore questions.

You got on board just fine.

We met this nice lady, Ivana. We met her at the guest services. She took us to the "venues".

First one was the Follie lounge. It is the main theater. The lounge is beautiful but the aisde runner was placed in the middle of the stage....I don't know how the bride gets there, Ivana couldn't tell us either. There is no aisle in the middle. That looks weird. I was very disappointed because that is the lounge that I was planning for it. I hate to think that I am going to walk on the side of the stage and the jump to the middle. I was dream about it walking straight forward or down the stairs.

Off we went to another lounge. The firebird. Even worse, the bride walks from behind a bunch of chairs and a wave kind of floor, is not stairs, with high hills you get be really careful. And with I want to add any decorations on the aisle, I can't...Where am I going to place them? The chairs were all over.

I was very please with the reception lounge though. Looks very nice, but wasn't any food out yet.

After we tour all the lounges Ivana said we could go and walk around the ship and have lunch at the Lido deck. So we did that. The Legend it is a beautiful ship, all new. Very safe for the little one's ( my daughter is 14 months old). Instead rails they have all windows. Awesome.

This is my cruise number six. We always traveled with Carnival, and of course, all the other ships had a staircase in the middle of the main lounge...except the Legend.

Now I already paid for it and there is no going back.

This is not about the Carnival Legend, which is a beautiful ship. It is about the lounges they have. And in any minute I was expecting to be this disappointed.

All I can say, don't booked before we really know about the locations. Recently, I read a review about a wedding at Carnival Legend here, and was really nice.I really hope I will be to change my mind and have the most beautiful wedding and post the nicest comments here!

Depending on how far out you are from wedding date, I believe the wedding is fully refundable. And the cruise is usually mostly refundable (may lose deposit). If you are really that disappointed in the venue, it may be worth checking into.

I also booked without really checking out venues and have not opportunity to do tour before wedding. I did get wedding coordinator to send me photos of the venue options. I wasn't super impressed with either option, but I figure it doesn't really matter that much to me. I knew going into this type of wedding that there are limited options and you kind of get whatever you get. I figure that no matter how ugly the ceremony venue is, at the end of the day I'll be married to my best friend, and that's all that really matters to me. And the ceremony will only last about 15 minutes out of the day, so that's a very short (although critical) part of what I expect to be an amazing day. I imagine that I'll be so focused on other things (like my fiancée or family), that I probably won't even really pay attention to what the room looks like. Although, if you can't walk through the room, that may be a noticeable factor, but it won't be the first wedding done in that venue, so I'm sure they have it figured out. So, if you can't change venue or to different ship, maybe you just need to let go of the non-important details that may not be perfect and focus on the items that are going to turn out the way you had hoped.

Thank for the nice comments. I been talking to Carnival all day today. They are so helpful, they are doing the best they can to accommodate my needs. I feel better today and more understanding about the situation. I am trying to think that it is only 15 minutes, and I have the rest of the trip to enjoy!

I figure that no matter how ugly the ceremony venue is, at the end of the day I'll be married to my best friend, and that's all that really matters to me. And the ceremony will only last about 15 minutes out of the day, so that's a very short (although critical) part of what I expect to be an amazing day. I imagine that I'll be so focused on other things (like my fiancée or family), that I probably won't even really pay attention to what the room looks like. .

Amen! Double triple love!

My one worry with not-so-pretty ceremony venue was how it would look in photos. But, then I realized that any photos we frame will probably be the posed shots anyway, not the ceremony photos, so it really doesn't matter. Most likely, any photos in that room will just be in a photo album. And even then, I expect that FI and I will look awesome enough to keep the focus on us, not the background.

My one worry with not-so-pretty ceremony venue was how it would look in photos. But, then I realized that any photos we frame will probably be the posed shots anyway, not the ceremony photos, so it really doesn't matter. Most likely, any photos in that room will just be in a photo album. And even then, I expect that FI and I will look awesome enough to keep the focus on us, not the background.

We worried about the pictures too, but ours came out pretty great. Our ship had loads of awkwardly placed Renaissance artwork and statues. The photographers do a great job at organizing and focusing the shots.

I'm sorry your tour wasn't everything you hoped for Jusilva. Unfortunately, with Carnival you can't do a tour until you book and pay in full for the wedding. At least you got to see what you had to work with. Do you know which room you want for your reception?

Lovesetssail2015,

How was the tour on Paradise??

Juliana

Hey Juliana-

So tour was good, we were told to be there around 11am so we were there probably 15min early, I'm glad I printed off the letter from our Wedding Coordinator (I was never told to bring it) and they checked the DL#s on paper with our DL. Then a lovely lady named Pam took myself, fiance & my mom upstairs to the holding area where it was pretty packed.. so there was 2 weddings going on that day, we saw both parties hanging out waiting, saw a lot of bridal party dressed ready to go, and I learned the most interesting thing, me & my fiancé don't want to see each other before & carnival said they'll try but cannot guarantee this as its one large room, well both grooms for the weddings had one eye masks! one was sitting next to his bride with a hotpink eye mask on LOL other grooms was black, so I'm glad I saw that idea & will totally be doing that as well! So then we had to go have pic taken when they scannedour badge then finally boarded the ship.. now this was about Noon- so the wait was bit long & the people working were snappy at times..

So once on board there was like a welcome crew dancing to the loud robin thicke blurred lines that was playing in the atrium. Set the mood for fun times! Well Pam brought us over to meet Francesca our tourguide. She took us to the Leonardo Lounge which she said was small and would hold like 20. Was nice but wouldn't work for us, when I told her like 50 guests she took us to the Normandy Lounge/Main Show Lounge the one wedding party was doing rehearsal.. OMG I LOOOOOVE that room! It has a stage that we'd be married on, and nice sitting arrangements, and best of all a large staircase that I'd come down, and my bridal party would comedown isle on one side & grooms on other, meet in middle & walk to stage. Then we went to where I know our reception will be since we pre booked DJ, in the Rex Nightclub,which I LOVE! It has animalprint EVERYWHERE which I'm a big fan of! Its not tacky though, just animal everywhere, showed us where everything would be, buffet table for food, table for guestbook(we're not doing a guestbook but I found a large wooden anchor that is flat on back & has the thing all set to hang it, we're painting that gray & having everyone sign it w purple since those are our colors in lieu of guestbook, then we'll have small wooden treasure chest for cards, & the box for favors- we're doing small cloth bags that we'll stamp with a personalized stamp w our names, anchor & date & filling bag with saltwater taffy, & also can koozies. I loved how spacious the room is, plenty of dance space & TONS of seating so it'll be perfect!

Then we went to my least favorite lounge, the Queen Mary where the comedy acts take place, all I can say is the setup wouldn't work for a wedding! Imagine yellow round booths EVERYWHERE like all in middle & shoved like so close, you cannot walk down middle of isle, so they ask u to walk on side to the middle! Its like 3 steps in front of everyone & then your there & after being pronounced married gotta separate again! So BIZARRE!!! So after 5min I saw enough there, we wernt offered lido lunch which I wish they had, also wish we would've gone to look at a room like ours, and pool area. But yea I'm just glad we saw nightclub & where we're prayingour ceremony will be- already put in request.

Lovesetssail2015,

I am so happy that you like the ship!

I know the paradise! It is a beautiful ship.

Well, by seeing the comedy lounge...you can even imagine the lounges in the Legend....the bride has NO aisle to walk down....we walk from behind chairs. The main lounge has no staircase in the middle.

I am trying to think that only last for 15 min, but still, this is my wedding, I dreamed for it my entire life. I requested carnival to have another tour, we are just waiting for the new date now. And again, I have to say, carnival will do anything to accommodate. We are very pleased!